What's new

sscottys S15

S

sscotty

Hi guys! This is my spec s S15. I live in NZ so the spec s is a de, i.e non turbo, but there are plans in the pipeline for a +t. I had bought alot of the required parts but then crashed it at the Silvia NZ Mega Meet at Taupo in May. So the Turbo project has gone on hold and a mild widebody project is underway :woot: .
I bought it in August 07 with 17's an Apexi pod filter, and spec r exhaust from the cat back.

First mods were some Daiyama coilovers and rear toe/camber arms
As for the handling side of things so far ive got..
Daiyama coilovers 6kg in the front and 4kg in the rears - off Fortyone.co.nz
DPR Camber arms
Shiny toe arms - off SNZ

Ignore the 5 or so jack stands :lol:
After that I completely stripped the rear except for the rear parcel tray/speakers and the spare wheel. Surprisingly this made a very noticeable difference! It is a bit noisier but I’m not really to fussed about that!

S

sscotty

-----------

Then came Mega Meet 08. Which is when everyone from Silvia NZ meets up for a weekend of fun, showing off their cars and racing!

Unfortunately for me it the track day didn’t go to well resulting in this..

So I took this as a blessing in disguise and took the opportunity to give it a full widebody kit.
I went with a Final Konnexion kit, mainly because not many s15's have it and it seems to be a largely unknown kit for the s15.

S

sscotty

---------

For a cheap kit I’m pretty stoked with how it worked out! Everything fit pretty much bang on except the left side skirt which seems to be slightly too short?! This is however the side that had the damage so this may be the reason.
Next came the rear guards which did not fit at all so they have gone back to the supplier and a set of 30mm Genuine Dmax rear guards will be ordered shortly. Some front guards will also be ordered as soon as the bank account will allow!
For the wheels I chose a set of 18x9.5 15p all round. They are a style that I have not seen on a silvia before so it should be interesting to see how they turn out!

S

sscotty

------

Next came the wheels :D and width/offset wise they fit exactly how I had hoped!

Gets pretty close to the suspension!! But it should be alright

Anyway pics...

Not everyones cup of tea but the plan is to paint the car matte black so it hopefully end up something like this..

S

sscotty

-----

Some pics of the front guards, with 235/40R18 tyres fitted on the front wheels...

:D Not bolted on here but the fitment is bloody awesome! I did about 2 hrs sanding on the front kit and on the guards, to get them fitting pretty much perfect so now all thats left for the front is to drill the holes and possibly put some 3 or 5 mm spacers on :) .
The rear guards wont be here until next week now so once theyr here the rear part of the wide body will commence!
Heres a pic of the two front wheels on one side just to give an idea of how its going to look once its done, but before painting.

One thing about these wheels is they are dam hard to take decent photos of!

S

sscotty

Some more pics... Flared the rear guards so the rear wheels can turn, until the wide rears get fitted.

Widebody rears mock fitted..

subzero

Reaction score
great wrok the mate, kit looks cool and matt black will be awsome .

make sure you put a nice number plate (jap square :nod: ) coz it will ruin the look of the front bumper.

S

sscotty

Not sure what you mean about the jap square number plate there subzero? But I have no idea where to mount the number plate. It looks wierd no matter where I put it on the bumper

Reaction score
I cut a standard number plate down to its minimum allowed size thats 3-4mm from the letters/numbers passed its MOT with it on Friday at RC Developments:)

S

sscotty

Before..

Pulled the inner guard from the outer..

Then came the cutting..

Doneish

Still a bit more beating to do but its not far off. My mate will start welding it tomorrow :D
And the other side...

S

sscotty

Got some Nutech today and ive put it on. What a *milkshake* that stuff is though. Looks like its going to be awesome but man its hard to apply!! :lol:
Photos...

Then came the Nutech. The reason its red is because I didnt use all the Nutech but the bottle of hardner was f**ked so I spread what was left of the hardner on.

S

sscotty

Done for now...

Im in no hurry to paint it. So i'll just keep looking at different colours until I find the one!!haha