What's new

battery cabling identification

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
hey people,

im going to be turning my battery around soon when i fit the fmic, the terminals are opposite to the standard ones so ill have to do something with the standard wiring as it wont reach.

what i need to know is what the largest of the cables on the positive terminal goes to.
im pretty sure its just the connection from the battery to the alternator, if thats the case ill remove it and use a new power cable between the two, but if it calls in to any other points then ill have to joint it which i would rather not.....so any help is much appreciated.

just thought id ask here first rather than get the multimeter out and start stripping the cables off the engine.....:)

Reaction score
Country
Damn, i didnt realise it was going to be too short, havent really thought about it yet.

Ill try and get a good look at the weekend, if you find out let us know o here and what cable you got.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
have a look at my pics thread mate, if the terminals on yours are the same way round then youll have to extend only the posi, if they're the oposite then your ok as the posi leads will stretch, you may just need to move the negative lead to another good earth or fit a longer one which is easy. have you had a measure up yet to see if you can turn yours cos if its stock it may be too big - i had to replace mine for a banner one which is a little smaller.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
have a look at my pics thread mate, if the terminals on yours are the same way round then youll have to extend only the posi, if they're the oposite then your ok as the posi leads will stretch, you may just need to move the negative lead to another good earth or fit a longer one which is easy.
:)

M

Matt_S

The thick wire goes to the starter motor.
If you spin the battery 90 degrees, unclip all the posi from the clips and remount the earth wire you can just about get away without adding any cable.
The GReddy kits come with posi loom extenders so you dont have to worry about fitment issues with the wiring.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
i only got this battery a month or two ago so dont want to buy another new one, its under 4 year warranty, but i will try and stretch the cabling, if it goes then result, if not ill think of something:)