What's new

Apexi AVC-R vs HKS EVC????

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
what i've heard from ppl is that there are more functions on the AVC-R than the HKS EVC and plus the EVC is much harder to use then the apexi one aswell.... I have no experience yet as i dont have a controller yet...thats what ive heard from ppl anyway

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I've read that the Apexi is hard to set up. And the boost varies depending on what type of weather there is.
The HKS is supposed to hold boost well but is very expensive.

I have gone Blitz on this one. The dual solenoid design is supposed to hold boost very well and the setup is supposed to be pretty straightforward.

I have the cheapest of the dual solenoid boost controllers. The Dual SBC Spec-R 1/4 DIN. There are some others 1/2 DIN.
I think Nicely has one. Can't remember the name though.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The AVC-R allows a great deal of manipulation of boost throughout the entire rev range. However, it can be difficult sometimes to get a rock solid level. I had an AVC-R on my S14, but went for a Blitz SBC iD3 on the 15 from recommendations on NS.com. It is much more straightforward

No experience of the EVC...

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Heard the AVC-R is hard to setup and run, i kept clear and went for the Greddy Profec B, was easy to install and setup :thumbs:

M

Meddy

I have an EVC unit and its very easy to set up. A couple of full throttle runs in third and your done. Holds boost solid as well. The EVC Pro is the one to get if you can afford it. This offers easy setup but with just as much room for tweaking as the Apexi unit. The stock EVC (which is what I have) is fine though as 90% of people dont really need or want the massive range of adjustments the other units provide.