What's new

Another HID Installation thread

Reaction score
Website
raduga-uk.110mb.com
Sorry guys... I can see people have asked about HID installations before and I've taken a look at them.

Since the S15 and my old MX6 use the same bulbs for the headlights, I removed my HID kit from the MX6 with the intention of installing them on the S15.

The bulbs seem to fit OK (if rather snug) but I want to ask about the wiring. Where have people that have fitted the aftermarket HID kits wired in to the exising loom or taken power from? The loom is a lot tidier on the S15 than the 6 and no obvious break in point was visible.

Also, it looks like I'm going to have to 'make a hole' in the cover for the headlamps (the bit you remove to change a bulb) to allow the HID lead out in to the engine bay. My HID's have a gromit on them so I'm not too concerned by this at the gromit will stop any moisture getting in to the unit, but does anyone have a better solution?

I saw this link provided by Nicely in another thread:
http://www.jull.co.uk/mods/hids.html

and quite like the solution there. Anyone know where if anything like this is available? I also like the H4 adapter for connecting the power.

Any help would be appreciated.

Russ

Reaction score
Country
My HID kit came with two little male connector that is used to tap power from the H1 female connector from the car. I slot it in and just wire tape them together. And for the rear cover, unfortunately the the only way around it is to make a small hole and slide the rubber gromit to seal it in. I've done the same for my kit as well.