Open Event: Rotorstock 5

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Hola :wave:

Since Kimi and I seem to be the first people interested in going to Rotorstock this year, why not announce this and see if we can get an S15OC stand together?

Before I carry on, like I said before in the JAE thread, I will only continue if the admins are happy for me to do so - I don't want to dive in where someone else might already be wanting to do something like this... :wack:

So, for those who've not heard of Rotorstock, it's organised by the Mazda Rotary Club but offers a chance for all Jap car clubs (not just Mazda rotaries) to get involved and show-off their motors etc. If you also happen to be an RX-7 nut like I am then it's a double cos there'll be lots of them about... lots!! :D

Also, since Rotorstock is held at Santa Pod Raceway, there's a chance for anyone coming along to get their car onto the RWYB - I know I'll be up for this!!

Here's a link to the official site:
http://www.rotorstock5.co.uk/

Santa Pod Raceway, Wellingborough, Northants - location:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=nn297xa&ll=52.243148,-0.609741&spn=0.108684,0.390015&om=1

Date for this year's event is 9th/10th August 2008. I know I won't be able to stay for both days due to family commitments so maybe we need to look into picking the day that's best for all of us although anyone who's happy to stay for the weekend can do so - no probs there. At the moment, I would recommend Sat as the day since RWYB is £20 for unlimited runs whereas it's £15 for 3 runs on the Sun.

Cost of entry to Rotorstock is £15 for Sat and the same price for Sun. If anyone is staying for the weekend then it's £25 (unless we bulk-buy as a group which is then reduced to £15 per person).

So, here goes the list - please add your name if you're interested and I'll find out more info and try to sort out a club booking form and get payments in closer to the event.

Cheers - James :thumbs:

1. InitialD (James)
2. Kimi

Last edited:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Nice one Kimi - have a great time in Cornwall :cool:

You might see Channie on the way down which means you're almost there...!! :rotfl:

Reaction score
Lol... i'l be in a nearby field scrumping for apples!!! Why on earth anyone would want to go to kernow for 2 weeks is beyond me!!!

Unfortunately James i wont be able to make rotorstock :( far too much going on and not enough money :wack:

Reaction score
Hey James!
I will be going to Rotorstock - i havn't missed a single one yet, my fav show of the year.....
unfortunately......i sold my S15 a while back so i will only be able to pop my head round if you guys do get a stand!!!!!
:thumbs:

Reaction score
I've now got a rusted up ol' S13, :D
I caught the drifting bug but didnt want to learn it in the S15, what with it being uber expensive, plus, with a mortgage on the way, it was the sensible thing to do and sell up.
I will be at most of the shows this year taking advantage of the track session's so keep your eye out for a grey S13 trying to drift :nod:
will definately come say hi though, i pop on the S15oc now and again to see whats been going on like some sort of renegade forum'er :rotfl: so i will keep an eye on this thread!
Hope all is well with you materz!
:wave:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i'd be interested to come along to this one, a few mates are already going but they are in ftos and im starting to feel like i dont fit in on thier stands anymore........

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Rich - think you've done the right thing cos there's no way I'd be using my S15 for proper all-out drifting on tracks etc. Think I'd cope on an airfield where chances are less of hitting summat or going 'off' but a track still requires most excellent skills to stay on course!!

Yes all is good at my end except for my two little terrors who keep me a) tired all the time and b) short of spare cash to spend on the car :rotfl: Ah, I do love 'em to bits tho... :) Hope you are fine and dandy?

Dean - really hope you fancy coming along with us!! When Kimi gets back from hols, we can continue sorting this out and I'm sure a few S15's at Rotorstock with their own stand will really catch peoples' attention, bring some good publicity for the club and more importantly, would be a laff getting owners to meeti up :D

I'm hoping to get everyone to commit by beginning of July so there should be plenty of time to decide - you know you wanna ;)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
Rich - think you've done the right thing cos there's no way I'd be using my S15 for proper all-out drifting on tracks etc. Think I'd cope on an airfield where chances are less of hitting summat or going 'off' but a track still requires most excellent skills to stay on course!!

Yes all is good at my end except for my two little terrors who keep me a) tired all the time and b) short of spare cash to spend on the car :rotfl: Ah, I do love 'em to bits tho... :) Hope you are fine and dandy?

Dean - really hope you fancy coming along with us!! When Kimi gets back from hols, we can continue sorting this out and I'm sure a few S15's at Rotorstock with their own stand will really catch peoples' attention, bring some good publicity for the club and more importantly, would be a laff getting owners to meeti up :D

I'm hoping to get everyone to commit by beginning of July so there should be plenty of time to decide - you know you wanna ;)
really do mate, just going to sort out convoying up there with a few friends so i know where im going, put me down as a 95% positive.:)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Thanks for confirming Dean...

However, just called Santa Pod this morning for some more info and was told there is a minimum of 10 cars required for club stands at Rotorstock :(

I think this is a bit optimistic for S15OC - was happy to take a handful but can understand this is not one of the 'big' Jap shows of the summer - bummer!!

Oh well, if we do get 10+ then brill but I'm being realistic :)

Please get your names down as I'll continue to run the list and gauge interest :thumbs:

Cheers - J

1. InitialD (James)
2. Kimi
3. DeanS15

Reaction score
James - if you get stuck for people on the list, and need to make numbers up, you can put my name down.....yes i know i now drive a S13, but i used to have a 15, and you can put my car at the back out of sight!! :D