What's new

greddy profec b 2

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
does anyone know if these are any good? i was going to eventually get an avcr, (im still building up modifications to get everything fitted at once) but i can get one of these brand new boxed for half the price of the apexi item. is there a reason that this is cheaper or is this a perfectly good boost controller that will do just as good a job?

Reaction score
its an entry level boost controller, good if youre on a budget very simple to use. The only issue ive had with them in the past is the solenoid giving up and unfortunately greddy wont replace them. The avcr is alot better in many ways but its expensive and complex, allows you to set boost for each gear, has self learning mode etc. You could get a power fc and boost control kit for a little more which is what i would do if it were my choice

B

baynz

i am also using a profec b 2 and i find it a good unit, can set the gain, set boost, peak boost, warning, limited all for hi and lo.

G

gunner93

I've one as well. Simple and no fuss. You can set 2 modes Hi & Lo. At night the display is in blue. I complemented it with 2 blue LEDs down on the foot well.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
well some good info there, might be worth getting for the price. as for the add on for the power fc, i looked into this and its an additional 275 for the boost control solenoid to go with it so having a seperate controller works out even cheaper anyway. im not trying to do things on the cheap, just fed up of paying more for parts that do the same job if you all know what i mean:)

thanks guys

J

jhinchy

This is what i have in my car, and i find it accurate and very easy to use. It doesnt take up much space either:thumbs:

G

GUEST_JDM

glad you guys all just gave it the thumbs up,
cause i just got one off ebay last night for 300 (aus) new!
how hard are they to install and is it best to place the solinoid closser to the mainifold pressure or further down the line towards the turbo? cheers

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
from what i've seen so far it looks like most people mount the solenoid in the same place the original sat. looks nice that way, almost like a standard part.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
G

gunner93

The stepper motor vibrates if its not mount with proper rubber mounting on your chassis. Once its cushioned, all is well and good.

G

GUEST_JDM

yeh cheers mate i'll do that!
it arrived today so i'll thro it in soon! maybe do a write up on it if any one reckons it would be of use?

Reaction score
hehe slightly off topic but if anyone has problems with their profec-a...pm me. Im probably the only one using this boost controller