What's new

S15 visits Europe!

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
During the last 9 days me and my mate have been away in Europe on a 'driving holiday' in the S15. It went very much to plan, and as expected, the S15 did not let me down!

The schedule was as follows..

Day 1 - Home - (via ferry) Calais
Day 2 - Calais - Le Mans
Day 3 - Le Mans - Clermont Ferrand
Day 4 - Clemont Ferrand - Monte Carlo (via Milau Bridge)
Day 5 - Monte Carlo - Lake Maggiore
Day 6 - Lake Maggiore - Stuttgart
Day 7 - Stuttgart - Nürburgring
Day 8 - Nurburgring - Ghent
Day 9 - Ghent - (via ferry) Home

The countries we covered were.. UK, France, Monaco, Italy, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria, Gremany, Holland, and Belgium.

Best sights were.. Le Mans Circuit and museum, Milau Bridge, Monte Carlo town and F1 circuit, Lake Magiorre, San Bernadino Pass, Nürburgring, and a night out in Ghent

Depending on the weather and location, we stayed in hotels or camp sites.. Anyway, here are the photos

On the ferry

Le Mans track and museum (Porsche Trackday)

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Le Mans track and museum (Porsche Trackday) continued..

Millau Bridge

Last edited:

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
oh yea, and I can fly too!

Fly splattage

I'll get some more pics up of the rest of the trip soon, photobucket takes too long to upload too!!

Reaction score
awesome!!! i wanna!! how many miles roughly did you cover?

did you go round "the ring"????

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
It was about 2300 miles, but it was worth it! averaged about 27mpg too, which I was happy with.

The ring wasnt open to the public when we got there, as there was a 'Tutoring Session' on according to the German fella on the gate, so didnt have chance to go round. It kept raining too so wouldnt have been ideal anyway.

If anyones considering doing this too, I would reccomend waiting till' the summer as the Alps are still a bit too snowy, and there was a little more rain than we would have liked! Try avoiding the city centers in France/Italy as other peoples driving is quite worrying!!

Oh yea, and with the current pound to euro exchange rate, the fuel works out more expensive abroard with SUL going for around 1.45 euros per liter!

Last edited:
J

JDM JUNKIE

Great pics, thanks for posting them up here. I really like that you included the bridge shoots and the one where you are flying is lol FUNNY.

Reaction score
Country
Excellent pics, must say i do like that Nismo bodykit, esp the rear spoiler :cool:

Reaction score
Kit is wicked, but I would prefer the stock aero front bumper though. Really nice car, wish mine were as nice.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Thanks for all the nice comments :)

The front bumper is an INGS, and the rest of the kit is Nismo.. Plus I totally aggree with you Trini. I am waiting on an Aero bumper to be delivered as we speak! Cant wait till' it gets here, and on the car. :D :cool:

I'll try and get the rest of the pics up tonight :)

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Switzerland, Liechtenstein, and Austria

Unfortunatly there was low cloud, rain, and ice over the alps so we didnt really get to see much of the San Bernadino Pass and had to go through the 4km long tunnel instead! Bit of a shame as that was one of the main reasons for the trip but I'm sure i'll be there again sometime soon (good excuse to go again)!

Germany + Nurburgring

Unfortunatly, the Nurburgring was closed to the public when we visited, but we got to see Porsches, Lamborghinis and Ferraris driven.. properly!

A hardcore looking spoilerless evo on an Autobahn

Pics of Monte Carlo to follow shortly (my camera battery ran out so awaiting the pics off my mate)

Last edited: