What's new

anyone got tein edfc fitted?

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
hi people,

my new car has tein edfc fitted to it and i cant seem to get the thing to work? with the ignition off, if i hold down the power button the unit beeps, but nothing else happens - no lights, no display. when attempting to switch it on with the ignition on, nothing happens at all.

i didn't get any instructions with the car for the unit so i cant figure out what im supposed to do. all the plugs are on for the motors and the connections are all ok as far as i can tell.

any help appreciated.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
look here http://www.tein.co.jp/e/products/edfc.html

at the very bottom of the page it says you need to be registered to view the instruction manual.

Sorry but this is all I could find.

BTW what coilovers do you have? How do you find them? I was looking at the SuperStreets.

Reaction score
I'd be looking at the Tein Flex/Mono Flex Chris, they have more adjustment for ride height and spring rates. Iv'e heard of a few reliability issues with the SS over time and the ride quality:| If your going to buy them new get them from these guys as they rebuild them for Australian conditions once they get them from Japan http://www.fulcrumsuspensions.com.au/home.html

Last edited:

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I was looking at the fulcrum ones. I have a lead on some of the Oz modified ones at a good price. I thought the flex would be too stiff a ride for what I am after. Thanks for the input Phil.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
thanks people but it turned out to be the earth wire from the unit, after the esva they have refitted everything but the crimp for the negative was screwed into the bottom screw that holds the aircon unit in place - with no metal framework behind, just plastic - therefore no earth!!

not sure of the exact spec of the dampers, the setting that they were on was the hardest and to be honest, other than being a bit bumpy the ride was still pretty comfortably good.

the actual kit consists of the coilover dampers all round, front and rear (green) pillowball upper mounts (fronts camber adjustable) and the edfc. the dampers are green with black springs and adjuster shafts and no gas cylinders on the damper bodies (i know most teins are green but some variants are gold and have green or gold springs, so hopefully my description will narrow the range down a little). i can have a look at them for a number on the stickers - they are still literally like brand new having only just come from japan on the car.:)

J

JDM JUNKIE

I have one, but I don't really know how to use it because I've only had it for a short time. If you hold down the power button for about 2 secs with the car running it should turn on. I hope that helps...

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Just ordered a set of Fulcrum modified Tein superstreets :) Now to get an EDFC. If anyone knows of a second hand setup for sale, let me know. Otherwise, I guess I will just have to buy new.