Forum offline

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
As many of you possibly noticed, the forum was down for nearly 20 hours. This was due to an error caused by a setting on the host server. I am trying to get this and other settings changed to stop the errors. If the hosting company won't do this, there will be little alternative but to change hosting company, with all of the inconvenience associated with that :(

I apologise for the inconvenience. As you can appreciate, it is beyond my control.

I have been in Madrid since Friday, and won't get back to full internet until Tuesday. If the forum goes down again, please be patient :)

Christian.

M

Matt_S

Youre such a W@NKER!

Stop making excuses :p

I thoguht it was just my dodgy router tbh :wack:

2OOsxy

It's cool - I just changed my hosting company recently as they couldn't follow up on any problems or requests either ... so if you have to move hosting companies you will definitely have my sympathy and support!!

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Yeah this was a problem we had too, when members tried to send me an email from the Basic database error form the email was incorrect, It can be a problem sometimes as when you get the email, it also gives you an exact error code for what the problem is within the database which can either help you or the host.

So you might wanna change the default incase of further problems? Just a thought matey ^_^

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
You cannot have failed to notice the forum being closed since yesterday!!

Our fabulous web hosts migrated the site onto a new platform on Tuesday morning, without giving me any warning and without using the current data! Yes, its true. They used a backup taken in February... :annoyed: :rant: :censored:

Its taken me most of yesterday and today to resolve this. In the end they got given a two hour deadline and the threat of moving three accounts elsewhere. Its just been resolved. Partly be them, but mostly by me doing most of their work.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Quite unbelievably, the web host managed to fcuk up the database less than ten minutes after I posted above!?!! :annoyed::censored::mad::rolleyes::rant::furious:

Hopefully, its back for good now.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
That's pretty much what I was like yesterday afternoon ^^^ :wack:

I landed up deleting the database and forum, reinstalling and restoring the database. Took an hour :D