What's new

rear fog lights

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
does anyone know if there is a way or a guide to converting one of the reverse lights or brake lights into a fog? i only ask as mine has a horrible box hanging down from under the rear bumper that has to go asap:)

Reaction score
Converting it is easy, just cut the correct wire to a switch on the dash.. The hard part is trying to find a red wedge bulb.

M

Matt_S

Yeh you can say that again!
I was gonna chop the OE light holder off and run an LED light using a std S14 lamp holder, but the LED lamps wont go in the S15 apperture :wack:

So looks like its back to square one and find a nice bolt on one (or just bolt one on for MOT ;) - which is probabaly what Ill do)

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
im starting to think it may be easier to hinge the hanger that the fog light is on and hide it up underneath between mots. hardly ever used the rear fogs on my old car anyway as the brake lights were pretty bright.....

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
turns out the garage integrated it into the rear lights after all:)

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
turns out thats exactly what they have done and it works a treat! those wedge bulbs really must be hard to find if an esva centre can't get them.

P

Paul D

mine has a red reflector stuck over the reverse light so it looks original

Reaction score
Nissan make an "Hokkaido" spec column stalk and RRHD lamp unit that incorporates fog lamp function. Connecting these using the original fittings should enable the fog lamp to work without any additional wiring, even the fog lamp warning should appear in the guage unit.

I've got the part number for the column stalk writen down somewhere and am trying to find out the part number for the rear lamp unit.

Reaction score
Nissan make an "Hokkaido" spec column stalk and RRHD lamp unit that incorporates fog lamp function. Connecting these using the original fittings should enable the fog lamp to work without any additional wiring, even the fog lamp warning should appear in the guage unit.

I've got the part number for the column stalk writen down somewhere and am trying to find out the part number for the rear lamp unit.
What is this you talk of??? I dont know what is? And it sounds expensive... but the name makes me want it!

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Blinx's old Spec S had a rear fog switch on the stalk. I've previously mentioned that the cluster contains a fog light warning light.

Reaction score
Japanese cars do not have fog lamps at the rear. However fog is common in some parts of Hokkaido (northern island of Japan) so it is very common (might even be a legal requirement, not sure) to fit rear fog lamps. Hence "Hokkaido" spec.

For S15 there is a different column stalk and different rear combi lamp.
As this was in the days when Nissan was more interested in technical excellence than making money all vehicles (in Japan, not sure of Aus and NZ) had the wiring built into them and the lamp in the gauge unit.

I've got the column stalk part number written down at work but I'm on holiday at the moment. I also have a list of S15 rear lamp units, haven't yet worked out which is the Fog lamp version.

Reaction score
The guys who did my ESVA used the two inner brake lights via a switch on the dash and a relay in the boot,they work as normal brake lights until you flick the switch then the inner two are permenantly on.No hanging fog light and a much neater rear:thumbs:.The wiring is a doddle through a four pin 12vDC relay. Its the only good thing the thieving scumbags did:furious:.