What's new

Singel DIN?

D

daniel83

Hallo!

As most of ypu already know. I have bought a S15.
The problem is that it?s a double DIN in it.And it does?t take MP3.
So I have two options.
1. I buy another Double that takes MP3.
2. I install my Singel Din.

The problem with the second alternative is that there is going to be a hole there.
So my question is.
How have you fixed that?
Please have picture so i can see.

Many Thanks!

//Daniel

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i'm considering fitting a single din set, but there is a double din head unit available from panasonic at the moment that plays dvd, mp3 and has a motorised double din sized screen which i am also considering. the best price i found was from the car audio centre online at 389.00

i also looked into the issue you have raised and there are a few ways around it, mostly on ebay. the first option is to fit a single din sized blanking plate or stainless plate, the second is to fit a single din sized cubby hole/trinket tray and the third (and my favourite) is a din sized guage holder with room for three 52mm guages angled towards the driver (i was thinking oil pressure, oil temp and lambda or maybe water temp). just do an ebay search for din guage holder or blanking plate and it should return some results.

good luck:)

2OOsxy

yep and also audio stores can sell you the replica version of the single din slot that is in the Spec S and so forth - it's a common part.

Mind you I mounted my AVCR in that spot so there is another option for you!

M

Matt_S

Mine had a hole with no lid. SO I swapped it out for an S14 cubby hole. ANd I repositioned it all, so from top down I now have Cubby hole, Stereo, A/C

I have the old Nissan 'cubby with no lid' if you want it

2OOsxy

Ah that's what Nicely was trying to say - a Nissan cubby hole.... I thought there may have been booze involved with that post ;)

P

Pazz

Matt_S get a pic up of that fella, I have a s14 one lying around but thought it would make it look a bit retro compared to the nissan jobby.

I have:
Stereo
S15 Nissan Cubby
A/C

M

Matt_S

Yeh I know what you mean Christian. But the hole annoyed me too! :wack:

Its an ideal size for popping the sat nav in if I have to leave it in the car. Im gonna try and use it instead of the cup holder to stash stuff like cigarettes and chewy in tho. ;)

Helix. Will do when I get five :)

2OOsxy

AVCR option for you (different type of gauge cluster I guess) :wave:....

D

daniel83

I have desided to go with singel DIN.
Does anyone have the art. nr. for the chubby hole?
both for S14 and S15 please.

//Daniel