What's new

How to remove centre console/stereo surround?

M

Matt_S

OK, so Im familiar with the S14/a workings, but these things look different :wack:

Is there a guide Ive missed on how to remove the stereo surround without breaking it into 8 pieces? :wack:

Thanks in adavance.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
My short shifter guide with show you what you need to do :)

Don't use a screwdriver to lever ANYTHING! It'll mark the trim like its butter. The gear surround pulls up by pulling the front edge up with you fingers from the inside.

M

Matt_S

Thanks for that Christian. Yeh I know what you mean about the scratches, I was thinking of paintign the colured plastic body coloured then decided not too as its a course surface and would take a lot of prep work. As its a 'proper' car and not a drift dawwwwg I decided I wanted it done properly if done at all, and it would cost a small fortune. :wack:

P

pablo

i removed many marks using autosol on the plastic...sounds mad but if used gently it hides the ligher scrathes very well and dosnt grind out the textured surface. youll need to wash it after though as the white cream gets into the texture. failing that flocking is cheap nowadays

also on a completely random note brasso is ace for tidying up ipods as it less abrasive again

Last edited: