What's new

MY NEW CAR!!! Its not a 200!!!

M

Matt_S

Seeing as a few of you will see it at the weekend, I thought Id post a brief pic now :)
Its very posh compared to what Ive been driving for the last 4 years :eek:

Not driven it much tho. Bought it with a running issue which has hopefully been sorted with the stuff Ive done over the last few weeks. Needs a few more bits - such as brakes etc as theyre a bit tired after it was stood for a year :eek:.
It lost the map in the Power FC and then didnt get taken back to APT (who have done most of the work to it in the past)
It was running really rich. Enough to foul the plugs up when you sat at a constant 2k rpm in sixth. The reason I put that in bold is that it took me a good few miles to get used to the box and after fluffing it a few times (hello 4th :wack: luckily I wasnt gunnign it too much, as it was still on the rough map! :eek: ). But on the way to APT I managed to get the knack of it :thumbs:
Still cant believe how different it feels to the S14. It feels really modern! ANd to quote Phil Morrison on his first drive of an S15 on struts and shocks (like this) 'It feels as stiff as my S14 did with the cage'. It really does! SHocks n springs is plenty hard enough :thumbs:
Not gonna mess about with this one. Once Ive finished doing what I want to, thats it. Maybe a few cosmetics to do, but thats it. Its nowhere near 'finished' tho. The front bumper needs painting as the nasty scratch I hoped would come out didnt :wack:. The mop took it down to the paint before it got it flat And the rear spats need to go on too.
I hope you like it.
That means Ive owned an S13, RS13, RBd Sileighty, S14, S14a and now an S15 :D

M

Matt_S

These are the only 2 pics I have atm.

Ill get more once Im happy with it :)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Somehow I'm not surprised :p

I'm glad another veteran S14 owner has said what all the other ex-S14 owners have when acquiring an S15 :D Now you know we aren't being elitest and snobby when comparing the two :nod:

Reaction score
Very nice mate :thumbs:. I think that's made my mind up about what colour to have mine resprayed :).

Are they rear lower arms lying at the from of your house LOL.

Last edited:
M

Matt_S

Somehow I'm not surprised

I'm glad another veteran S14 owner has said what all the other ex-S14 owners have when acquiring an S15 :D Now you know we aren't being elitest and snobby when comparing the two
LOL.
It seemed rude not to complete the S body collection (I hasten to add I have NO interest in S12s whatsoever :p )

And as for S15 owners defending their corner - well, you know me. Im far from reserved and almost certainly opinionated! Ill be hitting it home more than most the differences in the chassis over S14. ;) . Its amazing to think how different they feel.
Ive also told a mate not to bother about fitting a cage - just get all the braces from the S15 and then make the ones that dont fit, err, fit! :wack:

Very nice mate :thumbs:. I think that's made my mind up about what colour to have mine resprayed :).

Are they rear lower arms lying at the from of your house LOL.
TBH mate, obviously Ive been on here a few mths now taking a back seat position, biting my toungue when I knew the answer to specific S15 questions that I now know ;). All the cars that have been popping up seem to be fcukin Silver/Pewter (whatever you wanna call it), so Im not sure it is the best colour :wack:

ANd yes they are rear lower arms. But theyre S13 lower arms. Complete with uprights/hubs/bearings and BRAKE INTERNALS that I need for the GTSt rear brakes to go on ;)
Theyre now split and the backplates ready to be trimmed and painted ready for installation next week (all being well).
Got a lot to do next week. Ill try and take pics as I go I think :thumbs:

M

Matt_S

Matt,

It was only a matter of time before you joined us :D

And you have the best colour too :p

kim -x-
LOL. Maybe. Maybe not (on both counts ;) )

quote=Topper;37902]Welcome to the club (officially :))[/quote]

Yeah I guess so! :D

P

Pazz

Nice to see you've joined us Matt_S! :cool:

All it needs is spats and you've already got a set, so will be a nice example of a full aero kitted S15 :D I wish I had an aero front :nod:

Whereabouts are you in the UK? Also, where did you buy the car from? Dealer/Importer etc? Or a fellow owner?

M

Matt_S

Thanks Helix :)
Yeh got the spats. Was gonna put them back on that day, but as you can see, it err, tipped it down :wack:
Learnt something new about the way spats n skirts go on too which was nice. They have a piece of plastic thats got double sided panel tape on both sides. Thats why when you buy these parts second hand you have to put three layer so f panel tape on to make the tape actually make contact with the car :wack:

A mate put me in touch with it. Bought it private. Doesnt come on the boards. He didnt have a clue about tunign etc. It had been stood for a year before he bought it. I think he ran out of time/money and had to get rid before he had a chance to get it sorted. Which is where I came in :D
THe money was (just about) in the bank, so I treated myself for my birthday :D:D
Selling the S14 has made the bank acct look healthier than it has for a couple of months! :wack: :D:D:D

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Comment on Matt's SXOC thread said:
Its an S15 ? hows that not a 200 ? :confused:
Comment on Matt's SXOC thread said:
Matt has turned into one of those 'I am sooooo much better than you' S15 owners :wack:

200's are common cars driven by chavs you know, the S15 is for the higher class of person :D
I rest my case...

M

Matt_S

LOL, unless we have all moved to Australia, its not a 200 ;)

And its says Silvia on the log book too, so wtf he was on about I dunno.

I thought Big Tone said that, cos if he's like me, he cant see Pbucket pics at work. But you never know with Tone, cos he's suck a piss takin cnut lol :D:D:D

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Australia is the only place it is called a 200sx.

M

Matt_S

Hete ya go :)

Spec:
Silvia S15 Spec R Aero
Std SR20DET with GReddy Sump
MHG (dunno what thickness :wack: )
S/S Manifold
HKS Turbine
740cc Inj (were 555s)
Splitfire Coils (were std)
Greddy Pulleys
Apex Ind Pipe (was std)
Z32 AFM
High flow Fuel pump (make? Eh? )
Apexi Ind filter
HKS SSQV (Recirc'd naturally ;) - was Atmos! :ghey: )
GReddy FMIC
Power Enterprise belts (were std - didnt liek the look of em! :eek: )
Power FC with Boost kit
Full 3" Exhaust system - still not looked at what it is properly. It is too loud tho and I want an APexi GT Spec for it! :thumbs:
Plated clutch (dunno what it is and I cant be bothered to take the box off to have a look :wack: ). Its a bit switch like tho compared to the Exedy 3 puk I had on the S14 tho :wack:
Shocks n springs (Nismo)
Oil Cooler and Reloc kit (Looks like the Apex ones, Im gonna change the piping to rubber cos Im not happy with it atm)
Enkei RP01s. 8 and 9 x 17. 225 and 245 (once I take the 235s off and swap em)
(DONT START ME ON WHEELS!!! NONE OF MY OLD WHEELS FITTED APART FORM THE BUDDY CLUBS! :wack: )
Thats about it. I think :wack:

M

Matt_S

It came with most of the bits. I had some parts lyign around too for the S14 that I never fitted so I bolted them onto this rather than sold them :) and then I bought the bits to sort the missfire too :)