What's new

Varietta Aero Project

Reaction score
Right just thought I'd let you guys know about this project that me and my bro have started....
As some of you know my bro has one of the 1500 autec s15 varietta's in blue with 38k on the clock auto box and sr20de engine...

Our plans are to replace the engine with an sr20det and convert the gear box into a manual one possibly a s15 spec R 6 speed box.

As for exterior we really want the spec R aero kit but we know what kind of a mission it is to get..(I will get it!!!!)

Pictures will be taken along the way so share the fun with you guys..

There are a few people involved with this project already as we don't have the tools to remove the engine and spray the car...we're still deciding on the colour..we did like black but gunmetal grey/silver is appealing to us...

I'll be looking for a few parts so will be posting on here and sxoc.....
:thumbs:
watch this space...

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Good luck, there is some info on here and SXOC of a member who has done the conversions previously :thumbs:

Reaction score
varietta

Right seen the other threads on the other varietta porjects I've contacted the guys that owned the cars who have told me that they did their projects along time ago. Most of you will know whats involved in the engine and gear box swap so won't bore you too much with that..
This time round I'll try to post as many pictures as possible..with before and after shots..

Here is my bro's beloved varietta totally standard before it was ripped apart...

think we'll keep that decal...

rear end...

top down..

interior..full leather..

clean engine bay..sr20de...(will be for sale soon if anyone is interested..)

more to follow...

Last edited:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
nope. pics aren't working

Reaction score
pictures

thats weird...i can see the pictures?
I'm using kodakgallery.co.uk, clicking on the picture, right click, properties, copy ulr, then clicking the insert image tab on here and pasting it on here...? help anyone?:confused:

Reaction score
varietta aero

ok..pictures should work now guys..I'm using photobucket.com....kodackgallery.co.uk don't work...

more pictures to come...:cool:

Reaction score
varietta

Topper - thanks buddy looking forward to cruising with the roof down..

Mint - its held by a clip within the grove of the center console and plastic trim (no screws or drilling holes)..I'm pretty sure you can source one on ebay

Reaction score
Think I saw your SR20DET and 6MT yesterday at APT? That or someone else is doing the same conversion at present :)

M

Matt_S

The old De lump is there, but I didnt spot the new lump/box. But then I wasnt looking :p
The DE stands out more ;)

Reaction score
varietta

Lol....ok you guys got me...hee hee

APT are involved....

The people who have been involved in this project so far are....

APT - engine and gear box swap
LITTLE KNOCKS - doing the body work (martin and his bro are currently sprayin the engine bay black)
PPS - (David and James supplyin the engine and spec R 6 speed box)
SXOC and S15oc members you know who you are for bits and pieces that I need..

I'll up date more when I get more pictures from the guys involved...
so far the shell is at Little Knocks so will up date with martin and the guys at work then when its at APT will hopefully get Garry, Christian and the gang in some shots...:thumbs:

more to come...