What's new

Whats this button for?

J

jhinchy

Hi all,
Just a quick question. Picked up my new S15 a couple of days ago, and wondered what this button is for, and is it original nissan, or aftermarket?
Its located below the drivers airvent, to the right of the steering wheel.
Its beside the headlight height adjustment dial.
It has 2 lights on it, one says oil, the other says filter. There seems to be 2 tiny Reset buttons beside each light,
Is it a service indicator? How do they work.

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
i don't think it is a standard button but could be an extra. Its not on my S15 & I've never seen it on any other S15. It looks like some sort of service indicator. Previous owner probably had it fitted. I can only think that it would be linked to the mileage & when you reach a certain mileage it will come on to tell you to change your oil/filter. could also be monitoring the condition of these but without knowing more about it it is hard to say.

P

Paddy

huh... i've one of them

think it is a service indicator, it should just light up when you need an oil change or oil and filter change.

Mine doesnt work though. the guy who fitted my alarm kinda went 'whats that'.... *snip* .... 'wonder what that was' :wack:

when ever you do an oil change etc try pushing one of the resets and see if the light comes on after you cover the mileage on the sticker

J

jhinchy

Is the headlight adjustment switch on all s15's?
It seems to be the very same shape, size and material as that switch, so it probably was factory.
Must have a play around with it, see if its part of the original dash loom:thumbs:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Is the headlight adjustment switch on all s15's?
It seems to be the very same shape, size and material as that switch, so it probably was factory.
Must have a play around with it, see if its part of the original dash loom:thumbs:
The headlights adjustment knob is located on all S15s with factory HID lights :)

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
just another thing the ADM doesn't have :(

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
does the jdm version have a light adjusted as std?? avail option ?
The electric level adjuster was only fitted to S15s which had the HID option.

You can manually set the beam height on the headlight units with the help from a screwdriver :)

See the other thread you posted for more info :)

T

tripleJs15

Well it seems the preious owner of my s15 took the headlight adjuster and put that oil service light thing in, anyone got an old light adjuster laying around ?

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Ive got a button next to where the beam adjustments sits that Im not 100% sure about.

Its defiantly factory fitted as it appears in the Japanese user manual but I cannot read Japanese sadly.

Its got a picture of what looks like a windscreen on it.

From what I can tell its some kind of front screen demister???

Any one got any knowlegde of these?

Ill try and get a picture up...

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
At the risk of sounding thick what does this do exactly?

Obviously it defrosts my wipers but how does it actually do this?