What's new

Battery Issues

J

japcar_junkie

Hi Guys.

Not be on here for while but really need your help ad recommendations. Recently moved house and im now within walking distance of my work and gym my girlfriends mini is always parked behind mine on the drive so my S15 hhdant been started for a good week or so, and i presume this along with the cold nights we've been having have killed my battery, i can jump start an it will hold charge but the next day its dead again.

As i have the FMIC fitted the battery installed is the usual half sized type but is totally japanese and i have no idea what to replace it with, i know loads of you guys have FMIC mod's, can you let me know what what you have fitted and where to get them from. Im away for new year and really wanna take it on the long journey with me. Cheers.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
you can pick up the half-sized batteries with the smaller 'jap style' connectors from halfrauds. I think their about ?55, but if you have or know someone with a halfords trade card, they work out at ?30ish.

J

japcar_junkie

Cheers Nicely, i did remember the usefull links page that had been populated and fould the asia batteries linked under the FMIC topic. Do you know what the difference is between the 2.

Reaction score
Country
Would a Nissan Micra battery be too big ? I have one in my FTO as its very compact (and it has no issues turning over a V6), i can measure its specs if you like ?

Cost about ?45 -?50

*edit - Might also point out that you dont need to change the connectors if they are too big, i have sleeves that fit over the battery terminals to accomodate my larger terminals. Cost like 20p each from my local motor shop. been using them for 2 years now with no problems.

Last edited:
Reaction score
agreed with nicely, my excide one was cheaper than halfrauds...

i left my car at a mates house over my holiday, clifford alarm 13 days and it started first time, no problems at all! :)

Reaction score
Go into Unipart and ask the guy at the counter for a type 054 battery. Had mine for 9 months and not missed a beat :thumbs:. Oh yeah ?35 can't be bad.

J

japcar_junkie

Well i'v fixed the problem so far but not sure how long it will last. My mate had a trade card for halfords so when i called to check stock i was told the Type 054 would cost me ?37 so 3 hours ago i picked on up, only to get home and find this model still wouldnt fit in the bay. I took i straight back and also took my existing battery to compare. I'v now ended up with a type 028 battery which is the same as the original jap spec but the guy serving me didnt hold much hope it would suit my car and i'd probabl find it flat again in the near future as 'so he informed me' fiat punto bateries have more power to them lol. Any suggesions, im not overly concerned a the moment as my last betttery never let me down untill i'd run it flat a few times over xmas forgeting to turn lights off.

Reaction score
i wouldn't really listen

people said mine and the one nicely has won't do the job, and not have enough CCA's to start the car.... never had a problem with mine! :)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Mine JUST started after I got back from my three weeks in Oz. And that was through the cold weather over Christmas and New Year :)