What's new

Malfunction Indicator Light on

L

lj~R

Recently, got PFC installed and tuned. But today the malfunction Indicator light came on about 2 seconds while I was driving then disappear. Was thinking should I go back to Nissan dealer to check the error code? or leave it as now it not comes on again. Are they be able to find out bcaeuse I think the malfunction indicator light came on less than 2 seconds only. What could be major problem when malfunction indicator light came on? Does it came on for a while, never come off or few seconds? :(

Reaction score
is it the engine check light? If it is usualld its knock/detonation mate? If i were you just to be on the safe side keep an eye on the injector duty and the knock. anything over 30 on the pfc for knock is bad news, as for injector duty should be around 80-90% no more

L

lj~R

Yes, that's the engine check light. I got told by tuner today that they only be able to find out the error code while the the engine check light on. He said the knock should not excess 60 and I totaly have no idea about the knock level...But I heard some people said that the error code should still exist on factory ecu (not sure about pfc) when the light off. I tested on WOT my injectors reach maximum around 92% and knock is 52.

Reaction score
Yes, that's the engine check light. I got told by tuner today that they only be able to find out the error code while the the engine check light on. He said the knock should not excess 60 and I totaly have no idea about the knock level...But I heard some people said that the error code should still exist on factory ecu (not sure about pfc) when the light off. I tested on WOT my injectors reach maximum around 92% and knock is 52.
Too high(knock reading) it sounds like an agressive tune, back off the timming a little. At 90% injector duty my knock levels are around 17. I use'd to get readings like that until I took it back to the tuner who backed it off. Only drop 2rwkw but it runs safer, no more engine check light:thumbs:

Reaction score
ye the knock is way too high mate, like i said around 30 should be the max at wot, you can check the knock on the pfc commander