What's new

e-manage ultimate question

Reaction score
hi guys, does anybody knows if you can remove completely the maf sensor if you install the e-manage pressure sensor?

O

oilrag22

Depends on the type of pressure sensor, does it measure vacuum as well??
Since vacuum will occur even on non N/A engines and the MAF will monitor airflow under all circumstances.
Do you want to convert to an older style, TPS/MAP set-up to run your management??

Reaction score
Depends on the type of pressure sensor, does it measure vacuum as well??
Since vacuum will occur even on non N/A engines and the MAF will monitor airflow under all circumstances.
Do you want to convert to an older style, TPS/MAP set-up to run your management??
its the greddy e-manage pressure sensor, i dont know if it measures vacuum. in greddys mebpage it says that you can remove the afm. that is what i want to do.

O

oilrag22

Yes you can remove the AFM completely if you install and use the optional sensor and harness. This option can be used when your std. equipment is no longer up to the job due to undercapacity. I.e. when you AFM is not capable of flowing/measuring the amount of air your engine is needing.

Reaction score
Yes you can remove the AFM completely if you install and use the optional sensor and harness. This option can be used when your std. equipment is no longer up to the job due to undercapacity. I.e. when you AFM is not capable of flowing/measuring the amount of air your engine is needing.
i don't think tha the afm will be able to cope with my needs because i am turbocharging my spec s.

thanx a lot, you've been very helpfull.

Reaction score
the MAF will still be up to the job if you you are turbocharging your spec S... particularly if you are running stock compression and therefore won't be running crazy boost :)
i've already purchased the map sensor. in your opinion is better to go with afm or map? i am going to go up to 13-14psi
thanx.

O

oilrag22

I'd go for the MAP, it is faster, easier. And a lot more trouble free that an AFM in terms of fauling, also the MAP doesn't restrict or upsets airflow.

Reaction score
I'd go for the MAP, it is faster, easier. And a lot more trouble free that an AFM in terms of fauling, also the MAP doesn't restrict or upsets airflow.
yes, that is what i thought too. also the hole of the air flow pipe is very small and less air will pass from there. so if i remove the afm i won't have that problem.
thanx.