What's new

Standard Boost Gauge Issue

D

Dawgg

I got my car a few days ago and generally everything seems fine except a few small issues, the main one at the moment being the boost gauge.

Before the car is started the needle is about -0.7 and on ignition the needle goes to 0 which i assume is correct...But thats where it stays constantly right on zero. Does this mean the gauge is broken or can it be serviced/repaired? I have heard the standard issue has a limited life span so i was planning on changing it some point anyway...

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
right have you check all boost pipes in the bay??

one that most people have found out is the one that comes from the boost gauge thing on the left side of the bay right next to the strut.....u cant miss it black thing just bolted on the side....

mine has split i thought there was something major with mine but just a boost pipe in the end....

if all goes wrong i would just get new gauge plus there are not hard to replace aswell there is a how to do it here hope that helps bud:thumbs:

D

Dawgg

Checked that thread....Seems a very common problem, thanks for the re-direction.

lol - and it pre-emted my next query which was how to fit a new wing mirror:nod:.