What's new

James' Toy - Dori Daily Driver Spec-R

J

james_pa28

Well, nothing too special, this is my lighty modified 2000 W-reg Spec-R in Pewter which I bought in March of this year (2007).

Here it is in 4x4 spec from day 1...

I bought the car in near standard spec with the following:

HKS Silent Hi-Power Cat back exhaust
Nismo Front Strut Brace
Cusco(?) anodised cooling slam panel

Since then I've upgraded the car as follows:

Fully adjustable D2 coilovers - all sexy in purple
Blitz Air Filter
Removed Recirc. Valve - (the car coo's like a well fed pigeon)

From the minor mods, and the extra boost unlocked, It's running about 14psi now. I managed to make 270bhp on the rolling road at Interpro Thornbury earlier in the year. With the most perfect curve I think I've seen!

Other than that, these are my badical tramp-drift hand painted steelies which I use for a bit of casual drift practise:

Lots of pink overspray as you might xpect from a ?5 bodge job

This is what happens when you go sideways on the wires!!!

Here's a couple of my drifting videos from September:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmllBVdLTBY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZTEKcjRIu4

As the severe low-ness of the coilovers from when they were originally fitted, I did some bad damage to my hi-power, so it's now been replaced with this:

My new HKS Hi-power 409

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Just a word of warning. JDM S15s were mapped to run on high RON Jap fuel (100-101RON) at 0.7 bar (10psi). You risk det running anything above about 0.8 bar (11.5psi) without a remap. When I got mine remapped the first time (with exhaust, front pipe, decat, filter and FMIC and running 98RON), it was initially detting its arse off a fraction over 0.8 bar...

J

james_pa28

That's quite interesting, never heard that before! I always use 99RON and I've not ever experienced detination or misfiring etc. It's been at it's current spec for the last 12k miles. And naturally it gets driven hard!!