What's new

Help with speedo and rpm plz

S

silv15

Hello...im from Peru, and i swaped a rb25det and i use a haltech e6x, BUT, i have some problems with the speedo and rpm,,they r dead :(.
Can u guys help me?, i dont know where in the gauge panel to conect the haltechs RPM.....And my speedo, i just have no idea how 2 make it work, i still got the abs, but i dont have the wires nor the sr20 eccu....i think the speedo works with the ABS right ? what can i do 2 make it work ?

Do u guys have any wiring diagram from the s15 gauge panel ? so i can connect my haltechs RPM ?

Btw, the haltech is a very good stand alone, but kinda expensive, i payed for my e6x 1500 USD ( remmember i live in Peru :p )....theres a haltech dealer here, he tunes it...there r like 40 cars here with haltechs, and there r the fastest around ( fast for Peru :p )......90% of the 8-11 sec cars (1/4 mile) uses haltechs :)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I'm asking someone about this :)

Wiring diagrams are available in the workshop manual which can be downloaded in the 'Useful Threads' announcement at the top of every section :)

S

silv15

Thx :) ill look at em later today :)

PS: hope i can get my gauge pannel 2 work :)

Yoshi

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Got some info for you :)

The tachometer will read the RB25 if he adds a resistor between the signal wire and 12V - try a 10k resistor. The only problem is that it will be 33% too high as it's a 6 cylinder engine. If, by luck, there's a potentiometer on the back of the rev counter, then he can adjust it with that to try and bring the revs down. If that doesn't work, it's dakota digital and their rev counter interface...

The speedometer would have worked if he'd kept the ABS computer present, as that drives the speedo. However as it's part of the ECU harness, to make it work he will have to cut up the old S15 ECU harness, remove the ABS computer and rewire it back into the car. It just needs power, ground and the rear ABS signal to generate a speed pulse, I think.
The other alternative is to buy a speedometer interface from Dakota digital (again) and use the RB25 gearbox to drive the speedo.

So no simple answer, I'm afraid :(

S

silv15

Thx a lot for the info :), but i take the rpm signal from the haltech ( stand alone ) not from the rb25 i guess, my electrician told me, that he has 2 connect the haltechs rpm wire to the speedo, but he has no idea where it is :(.
The potentiometer is supposed 2 be on the back of the gauge pannel right ?

For the speedo, i have the abs computer, but, i dont have the harness, cause i sold the old sr20de ( spec S )with all the harness.
How do i rewire the ABS computer if i dont have the harness ?

Do u know if dakota digital send items 2 Peru ( south america ) ??

Thx so much :)

Yoshi

PS: I dont have the rb25det ECU, i use a stand alone ( HALTECH e6x ).

S

silv15

Hello again, i tried 2 power up my abs computer, but it didnt, ..do i just have 2 wire it up ( i dont have the original harness so i have 2 put a new one for the abs comp)?
I cant find the gauge pod RPM signal :(, i have the signal from the haltech, but cant find the original gauge pods one .
Do u know if the gauge pod has a potentiometer on the back of the rev counter??, im afraid of breaking the pod :(
I dont know if the rev counter will be 33% too high as it's a 6 cylinder engine, because i dont have the rb25 ecu...i have a stand alone haltech ecu, can u help me with that plzzz ?
Sorry with this many questions, but as u know....Peru is small country, and there r just 3 s15 here.,..all spec S...but mine.
Yoshi :)

F

Forwards Johnny

Hey there, thought I'd register as it makes things easier :D

The potentiometer is on the back of the rev counter PCB, not the back of the cluster. That is if there is a potentiometer - I've never looked at an S15 cluster.

It's normal for 6-cylinder engines and ECUs to put out 3 pulses per crank revolution (every time a cylinder fires), whereas 4-cylinders put out 2 pulses. It's most likely the haltech will put out 3 pulses as it's for a 6-cyl.

I think it may be messy for you to wire up the ABS computer, without the harness - you'd have to solder onto the power wires. The Dakota Digital unit would make things simpler:
http://www.dakotadigital.com/index....tegory_id=287/home_id=59/mode=prod/prd126.htm
If they don't ship to peru, could someone in another country buy it for you and post it to peru?

I take it your wiring guy has read the S15 service manual? The EL section has all the wiring for the gauge cluster.

S

silv15

Thx for the info :), ill try 2 get my rpm work....and hope some1 willgo 2 the states soon :p so i can get the dakota thing:D

Thx

Yoshi