What's new

WTB: Pearl white standard back bumper

C

cms15

Hi again everyone,
I recently took on a wee bit of damage to my standard back bumper
and had it repaired. Unfortunately, the guy who fixed the crack wasn't successful in matchin that sweet glittery white colour. If anyone out there is upgrading to an aftermarket kit, I'd gladly take the back bumper off ya.
Please pm me with any info as i need to get this sorted asap.
It hurts to look at the back of it :annoyed: and it shouldn't be that way
Thanks guys,
Ciaran.

P

Paul D

I've had a few bits painted on mine and the colour doesn't match either.
From what i've found out there's only one shade of WK0 aswell. I think pablo had a rear bumper up for sale

Reaction score
pablo does have one forsale...

my car was sprayed in WK0 and ..... there's slight colour miss matches between his bumper and mine...

you'll struggle to get the exact colour rematch....

P

Paul D

Where i've had mine done it doesn't look as deep in the paint, also its alot whiter. Im gona get the full panel painted again next year.

Reaction score
I've had a few bits painted on mine and the colour doesn't match either.
From what i've found out there's only one shade of WK0 aswell. I think pablo had a rear bumper up for sale
Have a look in the sticky paint section. I found the correct one and believe it should match. It took them 3 goes at getting it right though

P

pablo

from experience and now having the whole car resprayed its a nightmare. paints are now water based and companies seem use different base coats and mixes etc. i have blue base coats mixed before, comes out the wrong colour completely!

the hardest part is maybe the sprayers job with the quantity of pearl he applies

subzero

Reaction score
been through this nightmare myself.

my s15 has a white pearl in it too... under sunlight she glows gold and at night has a sheen of silver/blue . if you can imagine. any ideas on matching it or is it just trial and error ??

colour code on chassis plate is wko - g .

did nissan do theses deadly colour as standard ??

Last edited:
C

cms15

Dont know if its factory

Sup subzero,:wave:
Its one deadly colour i agree. I'd love to know if its factory or not. You're in limerick I see. Sure im only out the road myself. Dont think ive seen your car in town yet. Must keep eyes peeled for it in future. Hope you have pics posted cause im goin lookin now. You gonna cruise on up to rally ireland next weekend?

P

pablo

with pearl you are meant to get several colour cards and spray varying degrees of the pearl onto them and then match these cards to the panels by EYE to show how many layers to apply. the wko paint code involves 2 different pearls-------crazy tough to match in anyones eyes

for the effect the paint creates i just dont think it was worth all the trouble one stage pearl of white would have done

C

cms15

sorry pablo

Sorry for not getting back to you yesterday pablo. got a bit tied up at work and had to stay later. off work today though. takin it handy?
Hows that bumper lookin after sittin in the workshop. any chance of a pic or 2 mate?
Also, any luck with your girlfriends ol man with the royal mail? He manage to pull any strings?

P

pablo

i dont think you will want it. to much yellow staining from the exhaust and dosnt look to pleasant from where the spats where removed. if you want it to respray to prevent yours being off the road then fine, but otherwise i would recommend you just do yours again

subzero

Reaction score
1 x base 1x pearl type 1 1x pearl type 2

2 types of pearl in full
ohhh ...plot thickens ... big thanks man, front bumper came back for the sprayer way too bright agaisnt the rest of the car.

when you say type 1 pearl and type 2 pearl, any paint supplier should know what this is right i fi go in and ask.

so wk0 8 is the base coat?

C

cms15

bummer

No hassle about the bumper pablo. I'll just have to find me a tasty sprayer to get that bumper of mine sorted.
Subzero, are you havin trouble with matchin the colour too? I havn't seen the code WKO 8 anywhere. It says WKO G on my car but when I got a guy to order me the WKO G paint and spray it, it didnt turn out too well.
Please help!!! Are you out there nicely? any tips?
Thanks.

P

pablo

there should be a white base coat (no hints if blue in it, ive had some before that was pale blue- wrong colour) and 2 pearls of different shades.

the sprayer i believe should get a few colour chits and spray varying degrees / quantities of pearl on to them and hold the up to the car to get a gist of how much to spray onto the bumper.

this info has been gained form the body shop i have used and the pearl information was gained from speaking to the guys at littleknocks

i had my front end resprayed once before and have had it come out super super close (acceptable) but never quite perfect.....

the new 350z shares the the same paint code, my partner claire had a white 350z and it differed slightly to my car even!!!!!! im guessing nissan produced a few different shades, it may even be that the areo kit was sprayed else where and added to the cars down the line as im sure the kits on the white s15's always look a little lighter

these new water based paints must be chemically different now to what was used back in 99