What's new

Subwoofer installs

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Guys,

I am looking for ideas on my subwoofer box. Does anyone have any pictures of their installs? Just looking for some ideas before I start making a box.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Above the fuel tank maybe?

I know a few S14 owners put theirs there. In the parcel shelf there is a hole cut, i was going to fit a 6" sub into it, but was recomended to make a box. I dont want a big heavy box in the car, so havent done anything else with it. Ming has a sub in his, but pretty sure its just a normal box.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
yeah, I was thinking a 10" sub in a box above the fuel tank, pointing up through the hole in the parcel shelf. A MDF box is pretty heavy, but I need a good ICE install. It just means I will have to find a few extra KW!

I just wanted to see if anyone has any better ideas. Are there any pics of Ming's install?

Last edited:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Maybe check the Member rides section, there may be some in there.

My last car i had a 12" sub, to be honest, i dont really miss it, the stereo is just about enough to be heard over the exhaust. Buts its not my daily driver, so i hardly use the stereo.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Yeah, I have looked through the members rides section. I haven't really found anything.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
If you're handy you could probobly fit 8" subs in the rear side pockets. You know those "beer carriers" for the rear passengers. Quite a big hole there on each side. But that would require a custom box and probobly some messing around with the interior.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
yeah, don't really want to cut things up, unless I can get replacements before I start cutting. That was one of the criteria for this car. Anything I do has to be able to be put back to standard before selling the car.

ie. for the stereo install, I already have another center console and radio surround so I can modify them, but when I take all the audio gear back out it will look like it was only ever standard.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Excellent, thanks Topper