What's new

Hi Everyone!

D

Dawgg

Hi,

Just thought i'd post an initial intro while i wait for my S15 Spec R to be SVA'd and delivered (which seems to be taking forever!).

A bit about the car:
A 1999 S15 Spec. R, Gun Metal, 58k Miles and almost totally standard with no aero parts.

A bit about me:
A 35 year old from West Lothian who is a design engineer for a utility company.

I had planned on importing the car myself but ran into to many difficulties so opted for the of-the-shelf varierty in the end...Pictures to follow next week :)

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
:wave: Welcome. Look forward to seeing the pics.

D

Dawgg

I was planning on bidding via IBCJapan but ran into issues with western unions transaction limit so i bought the car from their UK counterpart (Autoterminal).

Looks like a Tues/Wed delivery next week, all going well.

Trying to persuade the GF that a nice set of charcoal/gray alloys would be much better than corner group atm....I have a week to work on it ;)

D

Dawgg

Oops, just read your other post Topper and think I may have misunderstood.
The is coming from Portsmouth geographically but I have organised someone to deliver the car to me rather than drive it - I still have the option to return the car if i have an issue with it (al-be-it another 290 quid to do that).

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Sounds a plan, i picked mine up from Brighton and drove it back to Aberdeenshire :rolleyes:, quite enjoyed it actually.

D

Dawgg

Its a pain trying to get an S15 in Scotland, no-one does SVA prep and testing that I can find so it would be a nightmare to have the car delivered to Scottish port, the closest port and sva testing station being Newcastle.

In the end i had the option of a 10k+ car ready to roll or a bit less for one only needing MoT, registration, road tax and delivery....Spot the Scotsman lol!

I got such a good price from Falkirk Car Carriers for the 400+ miles which made the choice that bit easer too :). I saw one of their transporters with a bunch of lambo's on it so i guess its in good hands!

That must have been a nice drive...any issues on the way? i have been looking for 99 octane fuel in my area so hopefully i don't need a remap (don't know if i can trust octane boosters)...

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Hi and welcome :wave:
you should be fine with 99 or even 98 RON fuel as long as you don't up the boost much.

Reaction score
99Ron fuel should be fine.

I've run a few imports, without a Remap, on Vpower and never had a problem.

A friend of mine is running a 400bhp MR2 on Tesco 99, and has had no complaints.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Your friend with the MR2 must of had a remap to run that power.....

Dawg - No issues on the way home, but once home and cleaning etc, i found a bolt missing from the bottom of one of the rear struts, the underseal was very poorly done/patchy, various other things i wont bore you with, but basically, if the strut decided to move, i could have been killed........ Hence my suggestion of the AA/RAC check.

D

Dawgg

Not managed to get the SVA this week so i have posted a couple of the original dealer photos of the car. I'll post on the members rides soon as i have the car:D