What's new

xexon, HID, or blue bulb???

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
I purchased Jono's S15 from Torque GT about 2 months ago. I always assumed that the headlights were just a imitation hid bulb ( bluey/white once turned on ) Last nite 1 of my mates was convinced that the lights were Xenon. Is Xexon the same as HID? Anyway was just wonderin if any of u guys who have seen the car in the flesh know wat lights is on it.
Had been considering a HID kit but mite not have to now

Reaction score
Country
they blue from you lights would make them seem like HID/Xexon too me...
there a easy test.... mate..
when you turn the lights one first time on HID they should give you a bright flash then go dim then slowly brighten up again....
this happens because the gas bulb requires a high voltage to start the drop down.

hope this help... oh normal halogen bulbs just come ome brightness does not change.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
HIDs (as opposed to 'xenons') are easy to identify. The bulbs are COMPLETELY different to H1s. Also, they have two slide and clip connectors (one red, one blue), and have two big ignitors. 'Xenon' bulbs are frequestly exactly the same as halogen, except they contain a bit of xenon in them and cost considerable less than a pair of HID bulbs and won't last anywhere near as long.

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
must not be normal. when u turn them on they flash then dim b4 they turn form blue to a bright white. can't se ballasts or anything but could be hidden. did xexon cum standard on the s15? or wud Jono have fitted these/

Reaction score
Country
HID was a optional item for the s15. you would find some s15 with then as standard.

to me that sounds like you got hid light...

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
Excellent, I like :thumbs:. Was considering a HID kit but now don't have to, hi five :wave:. Always assumed it was a blueish bulb as beside JP's HIDs it doesn't look as bright. However this could be due to the temperature of the bulb or the fact that my headlight lenses need a damn gud clean on the inside :(

Reaction score
Country
yeah JP's HID are brighter and whiter, think there around 6000k. yours will be around 8000k like mine hehehe...... noticable blue tint.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Its really quite simple. Honest. Take a look at the photo below. Its an aftermarket HID kit. If one is fitted, it'll look very similar. Pay close attention to the bulbs. ALL HID bulbs will look like this. Compare it to the photo of the H1 bulb under it. They look completely different. Whichever your bulb look closest to yours will give you your answer :)