What's new

Removing Headlight bulb help please

S

s13.5guy

Okay okay....this is SUCH a noob question, but it must be asked....I got an s13.5, and the wiring is WAY different then a typical s15. My problem is that as im driving, my passenger side headlamp went out...not the WHOLE lamp..the main bulb. The "parking" is still on, but not the "main" one. I dont know if its the bulb or the wiring. The wires seem all good, but the guy who wired my front end did a poopy job. So Im gonna replace the bulb and see if thats it.....

How do i remove it? Its foreign to me.....lol. And it is an H1 bulb correct? Thanks.

Adam

Last edited:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
There is a round plastic lid on the back of the lamp unit. I think it's secured with a screw so you'll have to undo that first and then just unscrew the plastic lid. Maybe just pull it off. Can't remember if it's threaded or not.
Then just disconnect the wires to the light bulb and remove the little steel thingie securing it.
Job done :)

I think it's H1, but I'm not sure.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Its a H1 and the cover isn't screwed on :)
:thumbs:

Must have mixed it upp with the fuel pump cover lid :)
Then it's just that screw to undo.

It can be a bit fiddly to get to. I have plenty of space with my battery relocated and a pod filter. But with stock battery and stock airbox it would be harder.

S

s13.5guy

Gaaaaaaaaaaa

So its not the bulb. Get this....

I checked wiring. All "seems" to be well. So after that I decide to check fuse. Fuse is blown. GREAT!! Just replace and easy fix! Yay!! WRONG. I replaced the fuse. Now the drivers side wont work and the Passengers side does. And every time i turned on the brights...POW!!!! Fuse blown. So now im back at where i started...but just with the opposite headlight working instead. Im hella confused. And since this is a S13 with a converted s15 front end, the wiring is screwy enough....
*sigh*

I need a beer:annoyed:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Cover for headlight on the cold side on my car is hard to get off as the battery is almost touching it.