What's new

Carbon Bonnets

M

markr

can u do coloured ones???? and oem style ones???

any pics of them????

also whats the price of them above...

M

markr

you can get the fluch fitting ones, and i had some of the origional ones on mine, but i managed to get hold of some black ones instead of the usual crap anodized blue/red which look crap... and they looked quite nice really....

ive drove mine with out them for a day when i had the bonnet and u get to about ?70 and believe me the sides of the bonnet start to come up...!!!

its not nice... scary actually!!!!

propably drive all year like that but i wouldnt like a 500 odd quid bonnet smashing up into the screen and roof!!:down:

K

Knight-Racer

Our carbon bonnets are manufactured for stock fitment, including the use of the stock bonnet catch. In most cases, this is sufficient.
However, if customer want pins fitted, we only recommend the Aero Catches like these:

M

markr

sorry, but i thought it was the norm to have pins, as i got very scared when i first went out with minje....

probably be ok for the life time of the car but hey.....:wack:

lovely bonnet though....

T

TonyS15

I couldnt agree more, dad to day driving going slow is ok with carbon bonnet on catch but most CFC bonnets have a glass fibre attached catch which wouldnt hold the bonnet on going fast, with witnessing an accident at a trackday with a 200sx i will vouch for the fact i dont care how good a CFC bonnet is made i would have pins anyway, they look cool IMO.

I got the aero catches for about ?25 well worth it and you can also get locking ones for security.