What's new

Sherl's s15

S

SherlockHomeboy

I only just realised I haven't got any pics of my s15 (aka Piper) on here

never too late to start I guess... After alot of messing about with what to buy then waiting for it to be shipped I finally got round to fitting new bits to Piper. This week its the front strut bar, Apex coilovers, alignment arms and subframe locking collars... along with a few cosmetic bits like the nismo radiator and oil caps and smoked side lights... I was going to fit new k-sport front brakes on there as well but we hit a small problem with them so its a no go for now...

Before I carry on I want to say a big thankyou to Jamie formerly of WRC. Great guy, very professional, helpful and did a great job on my car. I'm glad i've finally found a place I can take my s15 to without worry

Anyway, enough babbling... without further ado...

arriving at Jamie's worksop

Beside Steveo's drift monster

Coilovers! shiney new parts!!!

Fitted them on without hassle

nismo front strut, rad and oil caps

More shiney bits!

TC in the front...

The rest goes on the back...

Last but not least... the clear side indicators
and a big thumbs up to Jamie in the background ( I would use the smilies but I'm about to exceed the image limit lol)

All done!

Next week... Tie rods and the elusive k-sport front brakes

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
very nice buddy how was the set up of the alignment kit?? cuz i need that fitting soon...

S

SherlockHomeboy

nice :D good to see you upgrading the suspension first
"power is nothing without control" :rotfl:
It so worth it... It feels much more stable when I take corners at speed now. I'm hoping it'll get even better when I replace the wonky tie rods with new Tein ones :cool:

as for the alignment arms... I assume setup meaning fitting? If so then it was a doddle... I'd say that as I was only spectating... :D I lost interest for a bit hence no pics of the subframe locking collars :p but it all went relatively smoothly, took less than 2 hours to get all that and the locking collars in... The one to the far right of the set of 3 on the rears (I have no idea which is which hehe) caused the some grief as it was a little tricky trying to unscrew the thing and then to put it back seeing as jamie was flat on his back and didn't have much room to play with.

It would have been quicker if I hadn't suggested he used the Apex supplied shiney new nuts and bolts... Those things were so tight we could only screw it in half way, worse of all once we did that we couldn't unscrew it either so poor jamie spent the best part of half an hour sawing the bolt in half... :|

oh and if you are gonna get it fitted, go see Jamie, he's only 10mins away from MK :)

Reaction score
some awesome parts there!Where u get the alignment kit from and what wheels are those u got?57 pros?

S

SherlockHomeboy

Coilovers, alignment arms and subframe locking collars are all from Apex Performance. Got all of them off group buys that were on SXOC at some point in the last 3 months... http://www.apex-performance.co.uk/

I've got an intercooler from them as well thats waiting to go on but that'll stay in the box until I get the ING kit.

the shiney Nismo bits were shipped directly from Japan via Perfectrun

As for the wheel, they're 350z racing alloys from Rays, I believe they came as standard to older 350z models as the newer ones have different alloys on them now. Got them off ebay for ?800 :)

P

Pierscoe1

love the 350Z wheels.. they really suit the S15, and are SO much better than the S15 standard alloys!!

lovely looking car!

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
love the 350Z wheels.. they really suit the S15, and are SO much better than the S15 standard alloys!!

lovely looking car!
Agree :nod:
They are forged too, so very lightweight.

Spoke to a Nissan dealer here in Sweden about te price for these wheels 2 years ago... about 1800 euros each.... no tyre :)

J

j@garagemac

thanks for the very kind words ken, unfortunatly my ramp wasn't in and working at that point but it is now :nod: . just some paint and nice signs and she will be a nice workshop but it all takes time :(

i do pride myself on my customer care and taking time to explaine everything to help the customer understand the parts they have baught and the benifits in having them over the stock parts .

kind regards jamie

S

SherlockHomeboy

After 3 weeks of hard work your praise has been well earned mate :thumbs:

The brakes are finally in! so time for more pics...

Love my new brakes :smitten:

Weather's not good outside so I'll take more pics when she's had a good clean and the sky brightens up a little

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Liking the brakes mate, although you should have gone for the Orange calipers :cool:

Where you get those from?

S

SherlockHomeboy

They're K Sport, so I'm guessing Apex?
If there was ever a pub quiz on s15's I want nicely on my team! :D

They are indeed from Apex...

Would have preferred red but defintely not orange! :hurl:

S

SherlockHomeboy

Thread update!!!

A few things have been done to the car but I never took any pics of it... These past 2 weeks Julian @ Garage-D and martin @ Littleknocks have been working hard on my s15, putting in the Apex FMIC as well as a chargespeed bodykit and new headlights (the old ones were REALLY dirty)

Thanks to their hard work, the car's now got a brand new look and I love it. Big thanks to Julian and Martin for the fantastic work they've done :notworthy:

pictures below

S

SherlockHomeboy

I'll get more pictures up tomorrow, not had time today...

I've managed to scrape the underside of the new front bumper already when I was getting out of my gf's carpark :mad:
It's not visible so I'm not going to worry too much about it but i'm not happy about it purely because I only just got it done!

I might have to raise the car again to avoid it happening...