What's new

BBU●66Z - 00' White S15R

J

j0nbubz

UPDATED :: STORIES:: 3/8/07

Post #19 - Saturday, 28th July, 2007
Post #20 - Bridgestone TS-02 (235/40, 265/35) - Performance in the wet

As some of you know, I recently picked up my dream car (at this stage in life..). After some long and sleepless nights, many, MANY drinks and chats at the local cafes, reading up all the different forums, asking opinions of MANY people, test driving cars etc...I finally decided upon 3 cars which would uphold me in my most-JDMish desires!

My list came down to 3 cars
1) 350Z Coupe - Track
2) Skyline R34 GTT
3) Silvia S15

Time came where I had a good feeling of each of the cars, the pros & cons of each, consideration of all the different factors such as performance, looks, drivability, fuel consumption, passenger space, storage/boot area, friend's opinions etc. At the end of the day, my initial love for the sleep and timeless styling of the S15, the hype of it's light, flexible and dynamic chassis, seamlessly instant power delivery and its definitely affordable price tag - made me start my search for the perfect S15. (much to the delight of Biz I assume.. :bow:)

After some more long and sleepless nights, test driving numerous varieties of both local ADM S15's and imported JDM S15's, I set my heart on a Pearl White JDM S15 Spec-R. To cut a long story short, there were many ups and downs, mostly downs during my search for this 'dream car'. After lots of heartaches and dedicated prayers, God opened the door to a friend who privately imports JDM cars.

Anyways, here's some pictures of the car in it's latest state - Pictures taken by moi at JDMST EOMM last night at Rhodes.

BBU●66Z - Pearl White - 2000 Nissan Silvia S15 - JDM Spec R

Last edited:

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
:cry: u.........i wanna cry now u have the aero bumper and work Emotion cr kai..........hate u but love the car :thumbs:

J

j0nbubz

That looks lurvely :thumbs::thumbs::cool::cool:

Wheel size and offsets????

J.
Work Emotion CR KAI - Bronze

F: 235/40/18x8.5 +32
R: 265/35/18x9.5 +38

By the way guys - the car STICKS to the ground with my new tyres.. I can go hard in 3rd, heel-toe to 2nd and go a hard right with minimal brake and the tail just won't step out! (and trust me, I've tried to get it out without using the handbrake .. haha)

Last edited:
J

j0nbubz

Bridgestone T's-02.

Having driven with a number of hi-end street tyres.. I'd say they are equivalent to GIII's or RE050A's

Definitely not as grippy as say AD07s! but OF COURSE NOT! =)

Reaction score
Country
very nice.
im using RE050A's find them to be very nice good grip even im slight wet weather.
Use to have RE01R's really good for dry warm weather but when it rained they were horrible.

J

j0nbubz

Havn't had the chance to try my TS02's in wet.. will be interesting though. I'd say a tad above average.. but we'll see!

P

Paul D

Car looks lovely mate just making me more jealous whilst waiting for mine

J

j0nbubz

Copy from my post on a local forum - www.clubitr.com.au

Bridgestone TS-02 (235/40, 265/35) - Performance in the wet
Well.. as soon of you know, having previously owned Yokohama Guardex, which are rated as snow tyres =P.. I was expecting a huge increase in performance both wet and dry. Especially in the wet, because when the Guardex were fitted, I was sliding around straights/turns/roundabouts..

Anyways, how do the TS-02's rate in the wet? Simply as a comparison
I AM BLOODY IMPRESSED.

I drove to work today, and in Sydney, it's currently raining, and the roads are pretty wet and slippery. First of, I noticed how hard it was to lose traction when starting from a stop. I had the chance to take a few open right handers relatively hard (expecting the tail to break), to my thorough surprise.. IT STUCK ALL THE WAY!

My YAY moment is the roundabout which saw my first 'drift' in the S15. I took it today at a similar pace, if not more, and ALL THE WAY HOSAY!. stuck all the way, and did not feel the tail wanting to come out.

again... I AM IMPRESSED TO SAY THE LEAST!

J

j0nbubz

Again copied from my home forum

Saturday, 28th July, 2007

On my way back from Olympic Park after a nice drive and heading to Burwood for some supper. To cut a long story short, I hit boost in 2nd, shifted to 3rd and my engine cut out!!

To put it simply, the engine would ignite, but would idle roughly between 5-800 rpm, would not rev further, a very rich smell + black smoke came from the exhaust. After a while of frantically calling people (my friends too), we suspected either loose intercooler piping/clamps or a dead cylinder..

Luckily enough, Ace (my mechanic + best friend) found that one of the pipes which was previously blocked off had been let loose (ie- the cover had flown off during boost.. too much pressure?).

Frantically searching for the loose parts (dreading it had dropped out of the car while driving) - we found all necessary parts within the far left next to my battery tray...

Ok end of story.... first major mechanical issue too!