What's new

FS: s15 carbon bonnet (slight damage)

M

markr

as above i have a s15 carbon fibre charge speed bonnet, oem style...

it has been damaged at the front of the bonnet,there are 3/4 grooves in the carbon fibre about 2mm deep and had a little crack on the underside, where the carbon has come away from the skelleton at the front about 2.5 inch long...

this is very very light, u can pick it up with one arm..

it would require a small amount of filler on the grooves before its painted and look stop on....:thumbs:

have no idea what its worth, as i paid ?500 for it and its only done 3k on the car:thumbs:

it will come with free bonnet pins aswell ill leave thoughs attached...

so offers please people:nod:

Last edited:
Reaction score
i would be interested but you would have to name your price my friend
also, is carbon fibre repairable? or would you still notice the flaw?
surely that wouldn't be a cheap job??

M

mitch

I'll give you ?100 and a pair of headlight brackets if I can find them :D

Reaction score
err, i actually only have 2, and i kinda need them.
i lied.
i know i know, its not big nor clever.
im sorry

:(

:wave:

P

pablo

if you painted the bonnet in a v (carbon down the middle edges body colored) you would loose the damage. repairs to the gel coat on the cf would likely leave an odd patch and be visible. but short of it i cant see why it cant be repaired.

Reaction score
hmm ok, cheers pablo! i should of thought you would know the answer. mr carbon lol
sooooo how much you genuinly want for it buddy???

M

markr

well i looked at it again today, id keep it for 100 mate, its worth more than that...its not that bad, its not actually grooved, its only heavy scratched really....slight filler and paint would be the best, in a u shape of down each side....

under is a crack but its together so ud never see it, or a quick job with fibreglass and spray, but u cant see it really....

i was thinking about half price to be honest as its not that bad... around ?250 as its genuine charge speed, and not that bad... plus its comes with free bonnet pics, and fasteners:thumbs:

offers welcome though

Last edited:
P

pablo

i think someone should buy it . repair +Paint (?100-?150) sell bonnet (mine sold for ?100) and you car will look awesome and save the weight!!!

M

mitch

well i looked at it again today, id keep it for 100 mate, its worth more than that...its not that bad, its not actually grooved, its only heavy scratched really....slight filler and paint would be the best, in a u shape of down each side....

under is a crack but its together so ud never see it, or a quick job with fibreglass and spray, but u cant see it really....

i was thinking about half price to be honest as its not that bad... around ?250 as its genuine charge speed, and not that bad... plus its comes with free bonnet pics, and fasteners:thumbs:

offers welcome though
Cheers, I thought I'd try :D

I wouldn't paint it anyway, just put it on the drift car as it is, because ?250 plus ?150 odd for repair and paint and I'll have paid ?400 for a bonnet. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad price-just a bit out of my range.

Good luck with the sale and free BTTT :thumbs:

M

markr

oh right...

as i said its not bad enough on a drift car.. perfect in fact, few stickers etc... job done, if u dont mind the scratches/scuffs its yours...

make me an offer mate.. with thoughs headlight brackets maybe????

M

mitch

I did make you an offer :D Just on the off chance as I don't mind using it with that damage and can't really afford more, or I'd buy a new one.

Unless you want to swap for something.....not sure what you need that I have though.

M

markr

make me a little bit better offer plus thoughs s15 headlight brackets and we probably have a deal....

Last edited: