What's new

Hello from Berkeley, CA

N

neosilvia

Hi, I'm John. I found this page when I was searching for information on the S15 and it looks like the place to be for S15 owners. I purchased my S15 earlier this year for race duty. Unfortunetly, since I am in California, as much as I would love to drive it on the road, it is not street legal here. It is a work in progress, but alot is already done. Anyway, glad I found the S15 owners club.

Interior:Bride Zeta III seats (these are being changed out for Momo Safari in blue and black)
Cusco 6 point roll cage (this is gone, and the 12 point welded in roll cage will be done some time next week)
Exterior:URAS Monkey Majic Front Bumper
Rotora Rear Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Seibon Carbon Hood
Engine:
SR20DET S15 with 6 Speed Manual
Greddy SR20DET Oil Cooler Kit
Koyo SR20DET Aluminum Radiator
Flex-A-Lite Dual E Fans
Samco Radiator Hoses
HKS GT-RS Turbo Upgrade
Megan SR20DET Stainless Mainfold
Megan 3" Downpipe
Megan SR20DET Turbo Inlet
Taka S14 Stainess Steel Lines
Greddy RSPL Intercooler
Greddy S15 hotpipe
Blitz 850CC Injectors
Blitz Twin Plate Clutch
Nismo Engine Tranny Mounts
Custom HKS Intake
HKS FCon VPro (looking to switch this out to a Motec M400)
HKS FCon S15 Wire Harness
HKS Hi Power Exhaust
Polished Greddy Intake Manifold
Greddy Rocker Arm Stopper
Greddy Valve Springs
HKS Step 1 Intake Camshaft
HKS Step 1 Exhaust Camshaft
Greddy Pulleys
Greddy SR20DET Head Gasket
Odssey Battery
HKS Circle Earth Ground
Greddy SR20DET Oil Pan
Suspension:Rotora 14" 6 Piston Front Brakes
iForged 18" 3 Piece Custom Blue Wheels
Falken Tires
Tein Flex Coilovers (pulling these in favor of a set from JIC Magic)
Tein EDFC

Suspension work is next:

I am talking with JIC Magic to redo the entire suspension on this car.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Very nice!!!
Have you got any more pics with the door open of the Zeta III seats... i was looking to get one! :D

How is the F-Con pro??? What benifits would you get for changing to a M400??? the only people here who i'd trust to tune the M400 got deported!

B

Bry

Looks amazing!!!!!!! Great job you've done there,although if I could change one thing it would be the wheel centers to Black,just don't think the Blue looks right,but hey,as long as you like it :D

N

neosilvia

Very nice!!!
Have you got any more pics with the door open of the Zeta III seats... i was looking to get one! :D

How is the F-Con pro??? What benifits would you get for changing to a M400??? the only people here who i'd trust to tune the M400 got deported!
I am getting ignition cut at 5.5-6K under hard acceleration out of turns and the only shops around me now that can tune the HKS unit are a 6 hour drive away. I have local tuners here that can work with the M400.
I only have one picture with the door open with the bride seats, I already removed them to replace them with Momo seats.

N

neosilvia

State title. This car was never sold here so there is no crash testing and the like done. You can always work with emissions if you can get the car titled. I could have called it a 200sx and gone through a lengthy process to try to get it titled, but decided to keep it on the track.

S

sillbeers15

With stock bottom end, a GT-RS and stage1 256/264 cams....your setup is kind of similar to mine. Are you pushing 380ps - 400ps?

Fuel cut at 4-5k rpm on F-con pro...??? I've never heard of these problems with most Jap after market ECMs.

Reaction score
Those seats are awsome!!!
Is it a fault with the F-con then?
Are you gunna be selling the unit??? :D

E

Endless

Really nice car and setup! wouldn't that big 3-pieces rims a bit heavy for track use?

N

neosilvia

With stock bottom end, a GT-RS and stage1 256/264 cams....your setup is kind of similar to mine. Are you pushing 380ps - 400ps?

Fuel cut at 4-5k rpm on F-con pro...??? I've never heard of these problems with most Jap after market ECMs.
It's at 400hp. I don't have anyone in my area that can tune the HKS. Not sure if its ingition or fuel at this point. It is only under hard acceleration pushing the car to the max. I don't have anyone in this area that can tune the HKS, it has to be done by an HKS authorized dealer. I am sure it can be worked out and it is probably a decent computer, but without the ability to tune it, it is worthless to me. I was almost sold on going with Motec, but now I am giving Apexi some thought as I already run that on my RX-7.

N

neosilvia

Really nice car and setup! wouldn't that big 3-pieces rims a bit heavy for track use?
The 3 piece rims were done by the previous owner. They look great to me, but they just aren't doing it for the track. As part of the suspension work I am going to do, new wheels are in order. Something fairly economical, in a lightweight one piece, so I can buy 2 to 3 sets. I will most likely be running Hankook for the tires.

N

neosilvia

Those seats are awsome!!!
Is it a fault with the F-con then?
Are you gunna be selling the unit??? :D
Bride seats, cusco roll cage, iForged wheels, HKS fCon will be up for sale Tein Flex coilovers with EDFC, rear seats, stock boos guage, all interior trim, center console, stereo, ect, will all be up for sale eventually. I am waiting till all the work is done so I can put everything up for sale at the same time. I do not think anything is wrong with the fcon, just no way for me to get it tuned, without driving 8 hours to do so.

Last edited: