What's new

R-Spec's S15's

Reaction score
Had been waiting til it looked right before showing you guys what I've done. Couldn't help getting my hands on another Pearl Spec-R. Pics from the street and some from Japfest '07 with Vidal Baboons Strawberry 14a.

The Mrs has a couple of months break from doing many miles so thought it would be great to have 2 for the spring months!! Now the despoilered ones looking how I wanted she's up for sale. The Mrs loves driving her (epecially over mine with "as Nissan intended" suspension and clutch!!) but she needs a 4 door for work come the summer.

Quite fancied the Nissan Cube from the show actually. Sure there are pictures gonna be everywhere for that one - didn't half draw some interest.

EDIT: This ones gone to a good home now. So we're back to a 1 S15 family (and a Polo Sport TDI for the mrs!!!)

Last edited:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
another one :wack:
Looks like you got a thing for white, you should try a black one. They're heaps faster :D

Reaction score
Blacker the berry the sweeter the juice!!!

Black S15 would be good aswell! :D

A

Adam15

no has to agree the white is sweet,, and wish they were as cheap in ireland 2,,we get robbed!

Reaction score
another one :wack:
Looks like you got a thing for white, you should try a black one. They're heaps faster :D
Its the pearlescent that does it for me!! You should see the paint work close up its f*cking lush

Reaction score
Some track work

Some pics from a recent track session!

Sunny tyre change

Nice light for a photo (shame about the dirt and mis-match wheels) :wack:

On the way home: Who says the S15 isn't agressive enough :confused: Side by side I'm still happy with my choice :smitten:

Last edited:
Reaction score
#ATW

Not great, suspect the charge temp went too high at 5900 :(

Last edited:
M

Matt_S

Nope, thats just the std overfuel problem of the VVT cutting out :wack:

Assuming its just got a filter and exhaust I thought it made good power :) :thumbs:

M

Matt_S

Hang on a sec. I saw those figures at the weekend and I could have sworn they were the AT THE WHEELS figures. WHich would give you about 240bhp @ the fly.

I cant link to any threads at the mo.

Its a well known (or I thought so anyway) problem on the S14s. Im naturally assumig the S15s have inherited the same ****ty kind of map the std ECU gives.
As the VVT cuts out the fuelling goes rich. On most cars you see a dip, before i rises a bit again. But yours just drops off :wack:
Might be worth askign the guys at APT. There was another car there with a few mods (basically ready for 'Stage 2' HD chip) and his made really bad power. Didnt make the boost either. It went fine on the road tho. So I think the Roller loadings areslightly different for shootout mode. Mine was 20bhp down on what it had made on the Thursday before! :wack:, but it was in map mode, not shootout mode.

Reaction score
Yeh its all at the wheels.:nod: Didn't bother posting the fly as think its well off. They weren't doing a run down for the drive train inertia just fixing a set value , also the BAP wasn't being measured so the corrections wouldn't have been quite right too..

Interesting you were 20 down especially on their dyno the week before :wack: Mark was also 20-30 down on what he saw a few weeks before :down::mad:

M

Matt_S

My ATW wheels figures were approx 50bhp lower than @ the fly on both occassions tho.

Whats BAP?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The JDM S15 map is entirely different to the S14. It has a huge LEAN patch mid-range. Its that reason that a remap is essential when upping boost.

M

Matt_S

Just had another look at your graph...

0.75 Lambda = 11:1.

Thats rich as fcuk mate! And from low down the revs, not just with VVT cutout. The reatrding of the inlet cam timing just flattens the curve and it cant over come the richness of the mixture.

I would deffo give them a ring.

M

Matt_S

And Nicely is right, you can see its running a bit lean too. From memory (Ill check my grapghs later on) you should start to see the mix go richer (to about 0.9 lambda) as it come on boost and slowly drop.