What's new

WTB: S15 Diff bolts...

Reaction score
Hi,

Looking for these bolts... they attach the differential to the final drive gear... they are apparently M13 so need to be from either an S15 or a S14a manual turbo...

these are what mine look like at the mo....

and my casing...

Cheers for any response! :thumbs:

Reaction score
Lol...

No these are the special bolts that undo themselves!!!!

Fair enough one falls out and yes im an arse for not tightening it up properly... but all 10!!!!

D

Derek

Sweet holy **** what happened? I took my 2 way back outta car last nice. Back on Helical for bit now..

Reaction score
The bolts that i got sent from Nismo were the wrong ones... they sent M12 and i need M13... but there is such a slight difference that when doin them up you dont really notice... anyway... they came loose and decided they didnt want to live in the case anymore so made themselves a little door in the case cover for them to leave through!! :wack:

Why you back on the Helical one???

D

Derek

The bolts that i got sent from Nismo were the wrong ones... they sent M12 and i need M13... but there is such a slight difference that when doin them up you dont really notice... anyway... they came loose and decided they didnt want to live in the case anymore so made themselves a little door in the case cover for them to leave through!! :wack:

Why you back on the Helical one???
Sorry to hear about that lad. Out the helical bck in to sell car. Want to hold onto my Cusco..

M

mitch

Can't the centre be fitted into the Spec S diff? If the bolts and ring gear are from the same diff, I find the centre part generally fits.

No worries, I think I'm going to bite the bullet and get the right diff for the car this time. I normally just make do and adapt bits.

Reaction score
They are identical (Sizes and clearances) apart from the blind holes that go into the final gear drive!!!! the specR holes are M13 and the specS is M12... its bloody irritating!
The only way you would notice is if you either ...

read japanese
try and put the wrong bolts in
or buy a nismo diff

I think all the other diffs get you to reuse your old bolts so you wouldnt have the problem... but with the nismo they give you new bolts (about 3mm longer if that!)... in my case they gave me the wrong ones!