What's new

Top of the morning

S

scarified

Well knida anyway. Thought I'd say hi as i've been lurking unregistered on this site for a while now. Currently looking into buying a new car in about 6 months time and i've been through quite a few changes of mind as to what i'd like.

Being 21 with 2ncb in october and spending all my money on girlfriend, car and guitars (in that order lol) I thought i'd treat myself to something a bit nice. Been looking and asking questions on other forums about ctr, dc2, dc5, rx7, rx8, scoobies and skylines. Just generally being a rite pain lol. After many months of consideration it's come down to the s15. I just can't get enough of it where as the others (with the exception of dc5 and skyline) just don't seem to stick.
Anyhow I've decided on the type r with the lovely aero thingy spolier.

I've only managed to get one insurance on line (writing as if im 21) from performance direct or summin and was quoted ?2500, ouch. I'm hoping by ringing the usual a-plan, sky etc I can at least get it below ?2000 or it could be a major problem. I'd be interested in feedback from anyother 21 year old.
Cheers,

Dave

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
it will be hard but not impossible tho...i was 23 when i got mine and mine is a spec R aero that cuz me 1300 the first yr with 5ncb so u will be looing in that area of near 2k really:thumbs:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Ouch. Sometimes I don't mind being older... Just paid a quarter of that to renew, including mods and agreed value... :eek:

Welcome :wave:

Reaction score
i was 22 when i got mind, i paid 1100 comp', mods declared and agreed value.

that was with 2 years NCB and 3 years driving. clean licence and no claims.

S

scarified

that gives me some sort of hope then. Did you have previous fast car experience on that or doesn't that sort of thing effect it?

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
he had a civic vti same as me...and then moved on to the S15 ....it always depends on where u live and and ur own record really...just try sky see what they say first

S

scarified

Do you think it's worth calling them now to see roughly what it'd be or wouldnt anyone tell me anything now? I don't have any points on my licence or anything and seem to be in a reasonably good area.

S

scarified

Oh and previous cars are nothing impressive, 1.4 206 followed by a civic sport which i have now.

B

baynz

well im 21 and got 3 yrs ncb 4yrs drivin. and ill be having mine in about 2 weeks, just getting it tested etc now, and my insurance quote was 1,390.

S

scarified

mate you've just made my day. i'm sure 1 years ncb less would must be about at most couple 100 more, things are looking good. Who you insured with?

B

baynz

im insured with quinn-direct the first ones i tried supringly. i tried about 20 other companies after that and they couldnt come anywhere near.

S

scarified

The garage i'm gonna use to buy this say to ask what car i'm after and they'll go out to auctions etc and get one. How much should I expect to pay for a type r with the aero kit? I've seen prices on pistonheads and autotrader but i just don't wanna get ripped off.
Thanks guys,

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
If you want a Type R, you're on the wrong forum :p

For a Spec R, it depends what auction grade you want.

P

PhilV

howdy, I got my Spec R beginning of this yr, I am with Norwich Union @ ?1000 a year fully comp with 3yrs NCB BUT I am under my dad's name or else I'd be in same boat as you, however with the broker I go through I still get individual NCB and the car is fully listed as having me as the main daily driver so its all good :)

S

scarified

If you want a Type R, you're on the wrong forum :p

For a Spec R, it depends what auction grade you want.
oops, sorry :eek:

Yeah i'm after a spec R :thumbs: lol. I'm guessing auction grade is the condition of it?