Introductions...

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Hi folks,

First thing - great forum and great cars :thumbs: .

I currently do not own an S15 but I will do in about 12 months time. So, as you can imagine, it'll be a long, long wait before I see one on my drive and get all :smitten: .

A good friend and colleague of mine has owned a dark silver 98 Supra TT (JDM spec) for a while now and we both got into Jap cars at about the same time. A year or so after he got his lovely Supra, I got myself a UK spec S14 200SX. It was what I really wanted at the time but after 2 weeks of ownership, some :censored: drove into the back of me and wrote it off :mad: !! My family (wife and baby) were in the car at the time but luckily, no-one was hurt.

To cut a long story short, I didn't have the patience to search half of the UK for another 200SX so I ended up getting a Ford Mondeo ST200 :rotfl: . Ok, it's a rep mobile tuned by SVT and dressed up with some factory kit but it'll tie me over until I get my beloved S15!

As you might have already guessed I'm kinda into everything fast and Japanese. I was pondering between the Skyline R33 GT-S, Impreza STi Version VI, FTO GP Version R, Integra Type-R and S15 but I'm sticking to the S15. At the end of the day it's still one of the rarest Jap imports in the UK and it's RWD with a good ol' turbo :nod: .

My plan is to get one imported with a drift looking kit (Vertex T&E, Final Konnexion, Yashio Factory or URAS), some typical light-weight Jap wheels (Volk TE-37, CE-28 or Work Emotion CR) and a nice SS exhaust. White is my fave colour however I will NOT be getting white wheels. I've currently got some white Pro-Race 1.2's and they are a biaaaatch to clean :annoyed: !!

See you all around,

James :D

Last edited:

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
firstly welcome to the forum and hope u will enjoy the stay
i do wanna mention we as the S15 owners club do not want to discuse anything to do with newera as we do not want to come across anything which is gonna end up with ppl slaging each other off....

what some ppl know and what some ppl dont is the past as we dont mention anything any more,

one more point if this is another type of game someone is trying to play again which i hope it isnt, but i dont want these things happening on this forum at all...
thanks sushiming

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Oops - didn't realise the whole importers topic was kinda banned :eek: !!

No worries, I'm not here to stir things up, I was simply offering an opinion and all that...

James :)

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
thats cool then as all i want is good information and friendlyness on this forum.
:thumbs:

T

TonyS15

i thought i was reading an advert :confused:

Anyway welcome and good luck with the searcg and hope you find what your looking for.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Thanks for the welcome messages.

Just a few quick ones - during the short time that I owned an S14, I was very impressed by the SR20DET.

Is the the turbo in the S15 still the same as the one in the S14?

Also, is there a certain RPM the turbo 'kicks in'?

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
hi and welcome.

Every aftermarket bit on a S15 will add cost and work to get the car through the very strict ESVA test as standard parts need to be fitted.

If you plan to use a import company, make sure they got the parts covered. Also make sure you get all the bits you're supposed to get before you drive off with the car.

The S15 turbo is better on the S15 from -99 to october -00 I think. After that they changed it back to the S14 turbo for unknown reasons.