What's new

Hi

R

renton

Not an S15 owner.....yet. Been thinking about getting a 14a for a while til I stumbled across an S15 on ebay about 6 months back and straight away fell in love with them. Am planning on getting one this time next year and have started saving. I currently own an almera gti (i know, FWD and no turbo :ghey: ) but it's still got the SR20DE so it will do til next year.

Perhaps you guys can help me answer a few Q's in the mean time. What is the difference between the spec-s and spec-r? Is it purely cosmetical?

Anyhow, love all your cars, I keep teasing myself at work with insurance quotes etc! Sadly patience is something i need to work on!

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
spec s is sr20de non turbo with 167bhp
sepc r is sr20det turbo with 250bhp
the earlier models if spec r come with a bb turbo as the later model 2000 oct ones came with non bb turbo which spoil up a bit slower than the earler models did
not just that a lot of body struture is different aswell....and handles differently....and a resell price of a spec s will be rather low compared to the Spec R
price range for a Spec s will be 4-6k
price range for a Spec R will be 9-12k

R

renton

Thanks sushiming, spec R is the one then. See you're in MK, I'm only down the road in Bedford!

R

renton

Thanks for the welcome lads, sushiming i bet you have fun with all those roundabouts!

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
yup sure do...to be honest it sticks to the floor more than sliding but u never knwo when it might catch u :nod: