What's new

Hi

P

Paul-S15R

Hi guys,

Just put down a deposit on a White S15 Spec R today, part exing my much loved EP3 Civic Type R.

Its got a nice spec and had to have it. Not too keen on the wheels though, any takers? :)

Reaction score
one of charlies cars... nice choice! and good bloke to deal with.

welcome, you'll enjoy! i came from honda to the S15... torque!!! :D

P

Paul-S15R

Thanks.

Im quite curious as to how much power this car is capable of as the test drive was quite hairy to say the least.

I think the backend came out 4-5 times, and this was going at legal speeds.

From memory it has:

Thick core front mount intercooler with hard piping,
Blitz induction,
Ganador exhaust with a supercat?
Orient Works ECU
Greddy Profec boost controller (currently at 0.8 bar, max 1.2 bar)
Turbo 3inch down pipe.

IIRC Charlie quoted 290approx at 0.8 bar. Is this right?

And one of the main reasons why I bought it was the Fully adjustable HKS coilovers with top mounts. Does anyone know where to get this properly setup?

Apologies with all the questions but actually quite excited :D

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Very nice.
Really liking the full aero-kit.
You just need to get rid of the aero-wing or chop the middle-leg off :)

290hp seems about right in this weather.
I've got about 284hp on 0.74Bar of boost last summer (ambient temp over 20 degrees C) on similar specs. Mine is running a de-cat though.

P

Paul-S15R

I like the OEM bodykit too but Im not sure about the line in the middle of the bumper, that applies for the middle of the rear spoiler as well.

Im looking to keep the car as it is, so Im hoping that the car is already mapped properly. I will take it to a dyno where I can see the air/fuel ratios to see everything is running as it should be.

Has anyone retro fitted HID Xenon kits on the S15s? As this would be one of the first things I would do to the car.

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
if u dont want the bumper i will have first dibs on it buddy....
yeh ive got the same ones a nicely has 6000k McCulloch High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlights

M

MazzyMan

Hi and welcome! Front FWD to RWD...gotta respect the power of a turbo charged RWD.

Have fun dude!

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Hello and welcome :wave:

Liking the car, but as has been said, take it easy untill you get used to the torque and RWD, a track/drift day will soon boost your confidence :thumbs:

What are the wheels? where you stay? May be interested in them.

P

Paul-S15R

Yeah I know its going to be quite a change switching to RWD, specially since i've never owned a RWD before. I've drive my mums beemer from time to time but I don't think that will prepare me.

I believe the wheels are made by Works, they have bridgestone rubber on them. I am based near Heathrow.

M

MazzyMan

Yeah I know its going to be quite a change switching to RWD, specially since i've never owned a RWD before. I've drive my mums beemer from time to time but I don't think that will prepare me.

I believe the wheels are made by Works, they have bridgestone rubber on them. I am based near Heathrow.
Beemers are nice! Very tough engines! Just love the built of the M series engines!

Have fun exploring your new found toy...it'll be hair raising at times! :D