What's new

Electronic Idling Stabilizer

G

Get_Real

Hey guys,

http://www.nengun.com/hks/electronic-idling-stabilizer

Just wondering if anyone has used one of these or have heard of one of these?? It seems like it just might be the answer to the occasional stalling that some of us (incl the s14 lot) get??? :confused:

Basically, it seems to help with the idling when you have changed your BOV to dump to atmosphere......

If so.....are they any good?

Cheers,
Alex

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Wouldn't it just be easier not to dump to atmosphere? :p Recirculating would achieve better results without the stalling. Oh, and without the :ghey: sound... :D

G

Get_Real

Trust you NICELY!!! :p :D

But i do so like the TSSSSSSCH hehehe :ghey: i know but hey even i must have a fault somewhere! :rolleyes: ;)

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Since re-circing i miss teh :ghey: sound. But the car runs better and thats the aim at the end of the day :thumbs:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Get_Real said:
Trust you NICELY!!! :p :D

But i do so like the TSSSSSSCH hehehe :ghey: i know but hey even i must have a fault somewhere! :rolleyes: ;)
Put the stock BOV back in :)

can't get enough of my tut-tut-tut-tut-tut flutter :)

Only get's an ocassional pop and bang, But only like once a week. Idling is perfect :thumbs:

G

Get_Real

THAT would be the sensible thing to do.........but NOOOOOooooooo :p :D

Thus i was hoping that this electronic thingy might be the answer to my prayers! :ghey:

Reaction score
buy an Apexi D-jetro, that'll sort things with the atmospheric BOV! lol

with them running a MAP sensor, means the air only gets recorded once, which prevents the problems cause with the double reading that the BOV's give... lol, expensive fix, but, would work! HAHA

G

Get_Real

Haha Cheers Dazzoi!

However, this HKS thingy seems to be cheapish and sounds like it does the job.....OR DOES IT???? :confused:

Anyone??

Cheers,
Alex

Reaction score
yes thats what it was designed for, the idle stabilizers work. Ive fitted quite a few to imprezas and theyre very easy to install. :thumbs:

G

Get_Real

slammedmind said:
yes thats what it was designed for, the idle stabilizers work. Ive fitted quite a few to imprezas and theyre very easy to install. :thumbs:

NICE ONE MATE!!!! :wave: :notworthy:

Thanks a bunch! Was asking in another forum too and nobody seems to want to/know how to answer (prob either never heard of it or never tried it!)

Cheers,
Alex

E

Endless

I have been bothering by this stalling problem too...but I have had my BOV (dump to atmosphere) on for over a year, but the stalling problem only started to happen this month, so I'm not really sure if this device can solve my issue....also, by re-circing, do I just fit a hose over my current BOV, then direct it back to the pipe behind the AFM? coz I don't have the stock BOV and can only stick to the aftermarket one

Last edited:
A

Adam15

well lads anyone have one fitted, do they work,,thinking of getting one???

A

Adam15

thanks for that,,ill be looking at that when hookin it up,,you have one in yours?i take they do work so ya?