What's new

[VERY] ... My modified S15 Varietta convertible with SR20DET

V

VERY

Hi all... only just found these forums today... mostly hang out on the aussie forums... nissansilvia.com and silviawa.com

My name is Adam, from Perth in Western Australia

I bought a stock S15 Varietta (which i call "Very's" for short - hence the license plates) last May and been modifying it since then... most of the background read on my project car can be gotten from my blog...

http://varietta.blogspot.com

But here's some recent pics:

Still a heap more to go... engine conversion only just donea few weeks back so been running on stock boost etc for a bit... goes in next week for brake upgrade, EBC, VLSD, and then a bit later will be Power FC and injectors etc, as well as some chassis reinforcement :p

Look forward to reading my way around the forums and about some of your own rides :)

Cheers

Adam

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
G'day Adam, and welcome :wave:

OMFG! :eek: I never thought I'd say this about a Varietta, but that is sex on wheels! :notworthy: And an SR20DET conversion :thumbs: Hope you sorted the brakes too... :nod:

Which manifold is that?

V

VERY

Thanks for the kind welcome and nice comments :)

Answers to questions...

Ray... yeah they are Rays Sebring ITC-X rims... 19 x 10 rears and 19 x 8.5 up front

Nicely... exhaust manifold is Xforce, inlet is Greddy plenum... as for hood / ECU issue - I have no idea... just dropped it in to the workshop, and picked it up a week later :p I'll ask the auto elect that did it about it and get back to ya.

Blinx... conversion is perfect so far... only a minor issue with the GT28RS being a bit too noisy - so gonna swap it for another disco potato this week... and up the boost to 15psi :) Also with the extra power it'll be pulling this week will also see a VLSD swapped in, and in a few weeks I'll get some chassi reinforcement just to be sure. Brakes are also going in this week, out of an R33 GTS-T :)

Yakozan... carbon look centre console cover and matching gearboot and handbrake cover are made by Hipposleek Tuning in Japan - just ordered it over from my broker (he can source u anything in Japan even from Yahoo auctions - cheapest guy to deal with (cost to him plus 10% plus postage)... Daniel Wiseman... wiseman_dan@hotmail.com ... email him for anything you want and he'll sort it... best and cheapest japan based buyer i've ever dealt with (got me the trims, my one-off black tail lights, my stub antenna, and just bought a carbon strut brace and carbon radiator cooling panel and a few other bits.

Cheers

Adam

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Apparently, the Varietta ECU controls the electric hood (roof) and stops it from being operated over a certain speed. One of the original moderators on here was doing an SR20DET conversion on his Varietta. Details and problems are in this thread.

V

VERY

Nicely said:
Apparently, the Varietta ECU controls the electric hood (roof) and stops it from being operated over a certain speed. One of the original moderators on here was doing an SR20DET conversion on his Varietta. Details and problems are in this thread.
I'll ask, but yeah mine was a drop off - pick up from workshop job so didnt ask coz it all still works the same... the roof wont operate if the car is in gear (nothing to do with speed - I could theoretically open the roof at high speed if i flicked it into neutral and rolled while i tried it - but i wouldnt :p )... I was pretty sure it was a direct wiring set-up (gear sensor disables roof switch) not through ECU... but yeah i'll double check

V

VERY

yerp just spoke with the sparky today... just rewired everything correctly when redoing the loom to the plugs and everythin worked fine... not controlled by ECU at all (I swapped to an s14 engine and ecu)... just straight forward switch / signal cutouts... if car is in gear = roof switch doesnt work :p

M

Mr Smith

Git :p

Well done mate, car looks fantastic.

I kept the original wiring and ecu from the N/A and ended up using a piggyback ECU to get running right.

I say I did but the chap after me did it! My project ended when the money ran out :(

Well please to see another one, hope you enjoy it :thumbs: