What's new

Help! need to replace rear bushing

E

Endless

Hi all, my rear suspension has been creating lots of noise and I bring it in to have a check with my mechanic, he said the bushings in my rear suspension member are all crack up and need to be replace. He quoted me the price for 4 Nismo bushings to be USD$200 total (USD $50/each), he said they are the 4 biggest bushings holding the rear suspension member, is this price sounds ok for parts only? or I can get them cheaper elsewhere? :confused:

M

mongoose

you could consider subframe spacers? These take up the slop from worn-out member bushings but you do get more noise and vibration heard inside the car.

alternatively, and this was a suggestion from my workshop, pay a little more and get a completely new subframe from Nissan. It'll come with new bushings already installed. Removal and installation of new bushings can be quite a handful, and I heard sometimes when new bushings are re-installed they don't line up some accurately if not done properly.

K

kieran

i have these on my and to be honest there was little change in transmision noise that its reported you get, but oh my god what a difference to the handling

E

Endless

I have decided to order the Nismo bushings, will let u guys know how it goes after it get install

E

Endless

Nicely said:
I'd have gone for the collars personally. Replacing the bushes is a complete and utter ball ache...
True, but I would imagine the collars would make my ride very stiff? is not too fun on bumpy roads here