What's new

Need help for ESVA (vacuum pics)

Reaction score
Could you kind peeps on here help me out. I've got all the engine back to stock now, but need some help with the vacuum pipes. Could you take some pictures of all your vacuum pipes and post them up?
I'm interested in the turbo, actuator, solenoid side and the oem bov side and where they connect into the manifold. Also, what is the thing by the top left of the radiator? Need pics of that as i have some pipes missing me thinks.

Thanks.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Vacuum hose diagram is EC-16 in the S15 workshop manual.

Are you talking about this?

Its been a bit of a mystery (its not fitted on the ADM S15s, so isn't in the manual). I was discussing it at length with a mate recently. Our conclusion is that its a boost-controlled valve which regulates the vapour flow through the carbon canister.

Reaction score
hehe, no not of that one. that's cool. I mean the other bits of the vacuum setup. by the turbo, solendoid and bov etc.
I just need a photo reference.

130r

One question with regard to the vaccum hose from the wastgate solenoid to the intake pipe.
When changing to FMIC usually where do we attached the vaccum hose to? T to any vaccum?
Was thinking of weld a bung onto the Blitz BOV metal pipe after the BOV? Any suggestion?

Nicely said:
This is out of the workshop manual...

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Its probably going to be easier if you take photos of the areas you are concerned about. Then we can try to sort it out :nod:

M

Meddy

130r said:
One question with regard to the vaccum hose from the wastgate solenoid to the intake pipe.
When changing to FMIC usually where do we attached the vaccum hose to? T to any vaccum?
Was thinking of weld a bung onto the Blitz BOV metal pipe after the BOV? Any suggestion?

Nicely said:
This is out of the workshop manual...

If your BOV is on the hotpipe then yes thats best, turbo end if possible. Just weld a nipple on and away you go.

130r

If your BOV is on the hotpipe then yes thats best, turbo end if possible. Just weld a nipple on and away you go.[/quote]

Yes was thnking of that, weld a nipple onto the Blitz BOV hot pipe (after the BOV).
Was currently using the ex-bov vaccum hose and T it to the wastegate solenoid.

Reaction score
Can't do any welding. All has to be completely standard. I've removed :

Greddy Type R BOV
HKS induction kit and pipe.
Greddy FMIC

and replaced with all standard parts/pipes etc.

I'll have to take some pictures.

I think i have the turbo side sorted. It's the BOV (standard side) that i need help with. It's basically routing the pipes as they leave the manifold to their destinations.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
There is a pipe from the hot side (mani) to the stock bov, it runs from the intake across the head an into the bov under the fuse box on the cold side. The vacuum come from the Plenum to the bov, both on cold side.