What's new

Who has/is used/using Endless brake pad?

S

silviac

I just got a set of Endless CC-R.

Well I was going to get CC-X but had some better deal however only for front though.

I was just wondering if anyone has experience on it.

The pack said 0-800 degree but a catalog says 150-800 degree. I hope the pack says right one.

I hope it works when I drive my car in the morning. otherwise.....Doh!!

I believe this is also for street use right?

I want to use it for street use and as far as I know it shouldn't grind my factory disc......

Reaction score
haven't used them, but judging by the temps, they are more suited for track use... temperatures will not reach anywhere near 800 on the street.

V

Vandal

They are 180-800. Probably not the best for the street, and you will notice a lot of rotor wear. Plus side, good for the hills and circuit work :nod: . Here is probably a very inaccurate google translation of the Endless blurb about them:

In ?the CERAMIC CARBON METAL? series, seriously considering the efficiency with the circuit, the fact that it is developed, means the highest efficiency and can give the designation ?of R? is ?CC-R?.
 Actualizing the improvement of important resistance fading characteristic and control characteristic and the decrease of rotor attack characteristic with circuit travelling. Can control the exquisite balance ?of the brake and the tire grip which are necessary in order to bend? ?CC-R? answers the running where with the circuit is hot.
 Because becomes conversely, with respect to the quality which seriously considers the efficiency with the circuit, under low temperature condition such as street wear of the rotor and the pad many at the time of continuous duty, note.

I think that means rotor wear during low speed/street use :confused: :nod: .

S

silviac

Vandal said:
They are 180-800. Probably not the best for the street, and you will notice a lot of rotor wear. Plus side, good for the hills and circuit work :nod: . Here is probably a very inaccurate google translation of the Endless blurb about them:

In ?the CERAMIC CARBON METAL? series, seriously considering the efficiency with the circuit, the fact that it is developed, means the highest efficiency and can give the designation ?of R? is ?CC-R?.
 Actualizing the improvement of important resistance fading characteristic and control characteristic and the decrease of rotor attack characteristic with circuit travelling. Can control the exquisite balance ?of the brake and the tire grip which are necessary in order to bend? ?CC-R? answers the running where with the circuit is hot.
 Because becomes conversely, with respect to the quality which seriously considers the efficiency with the circuit, under low temperature condition such as street wear of the rotor and the pad many at the time of continuous duty, note.

Yeah that is what I'm worried about, rotor wear during low speed but take a look at this web
http://www.endless-brake.info/e_layer_compounds2.htm

I have no idea which one is right or wrong as all info comes from one company but different region.

According to this, this should work fine even under 100degree without harm but really what is right?

V

Vandal

silviac said:
Vandal said:

Yeah that is what I'm worried about, rotor wear during low speed but take a look at this web
http://www.endless-brake.info/e_layer_compounds2.htm

I have no idea which one is right or wrong as all info comes from one company but different region.

According to this, this should work fine even under 100degree without harm but really what is right?
Yeah, I don't know if your link actually says they are suitable for the street. It says they are a good 'all round pad' for 'demanding high speed driving'. But you're right, the temp range is different for some reason. I would probably trust the info on the Japanese site more. Anyway, you are going to find that you get some rotor wear with most hi po brake pads. Check this out: http://www.mrtrally.com.au/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=36&whichpage=1

130r

been using CCR for my civic track car for practice and trackday event. But not for race
It does wear rotor quite fast.
CCX should be a better choice for street and some spirited driving in track or winding road.

silviac said:
I just got a set of Endless CC-R.

Well I was going to get CC-X but had some better deal however only for front though.

I was just wondering if anyone has experience on it.

The pack said 0-800 degree but a catalog says 150-800 degree. I hope the pack says right one.

I hope it works when I drive my car in the morning. otherwise.....Doh!!

I believe this is also for street use right?

I want to use it for street use and as far as I know it shouldn't grind my factory disc......

Reaction score
Mintex 1155's front, 1144's rear. No noise, no rotor wear and you can stand on them all day at the track. With DOT 5.1 fluid, I haven't had a reason to upgrade yet. 1166's are the next step up but they're harsh on your rotors and have some noise at low speeds.