What's new

well....

Reaction score
this weekend is one of my more expensive weekends....

went out sunday morning to find. both sides of my car had been keyed....... along with the roof, and the bonnet now tells me i'm a "wanker".... to say the least... not best pleased!

?1300 to sort it out.... for what? what has "this" person achieved? who's idea was it to make a stock colour need 3 base coats and a 3 pack top??? lol

to be fair,....my language is being filtered extremely at my own end.... i'm sure you can all imagine my rage....ESP as i can honestly say, i've done nothing wrong to anyone to try prevent anything like this from happening.....AAARRRRGH!

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
That's crap, mate :( Its one of my persistent worries, having to park on the road.

If its costing ?1300 to sort, it may well be worth spending a couple of hundred on some CCTV...

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Gutted for you mate :cry:
Won't insurance cover these types of things? Will the whole car be resprayed or just the keyed parts?

V

Vandal

:mad: That is terrible mate. I don't know what I'd do if I saw that done to my car, probably pass out from rage.

No insurance?

If you like a different colour, it may be an excuse for a full respray, but even then.... still sucks so bad :( .

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
It'll be covered by insurance, but its weighing up the cost of the repair against the excess and loss of no-claims bonus...

K

kieran

i feel for ya buddy really i do, someone keyed the bot of my car not so long ago so i feel ya rage, i was lucky though i managed to lose alot of it sorry to hear they did the whole car though make me mad :mad:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Aw man, sorry to hear about this.

happened to be on my prevous car, cost me ?700 to fix. its just jelousy

S

S15_silvia_

SCUM.. :rant: ..what w$*k@rs!!

sorry to hear that m8..im am right in thinkin its a full respray coz of the colour?

only if you could get them in a room alone to kick there ass!

my sport ka was key'd all along the front wing no were near as bad and i was nearly :hurl: ..so i feel for ya m8.

when i get my s15 im never gona sleep..thought worry :cry: !

Reaction score
thats pretty shitty! total lack of respect for other peoples property. I garuntee that whoever did this will either return or make themselves known at some stage so i hope you find out who it is :rant:

Reaction score
yea, it was outside the house.... i'm currently trying to find a garage locally to keep it in, even if just over nights...

as for claimin' it breaks dead even if i pay now, or claim... so i might as well just pay it, i have the cash... but just have better things to spend it on, when considering the paint were perfect....

there's only a scuff on the rear bumper and a nic on the boot...... (well before this happened) and they're the only 2 pannels that didn't get touched!!!! ARGH!

edit: and yes, the reason for all the pannels being done completely is because of the pearl... it's a 3 pack base, and 3 pack top! so it's just not possible to blow out the scratches... :( like i said to ming earlier this week, makes me consider getting it redone completely in a flat white... just "incase" something like this happened again... cause that could probably be done cheaper!!!! either way... GRRRRR

Reaction score
this stuff gives me the sh1ts. Its the price you pay for having a mint car people admire and unfortunately for some - will never own.

You have to find a way to garage it, otherwise chances are you'll be a victim of theft or vandalism again. I never leave my car anywhere, and when I do briefly at gas stations etc - I always do a lap to check for damage :mad: . My car's been deliberately slammed with a car door and egged. I managed to get the dent out myself :cool: ; and the egg cleaned off eventually.

jealous losers some people... disappointing.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Egged, never heard of that before....

I never leave my car anywhere either, only house i've left it outside over night was JONO's :thumbs:

J

Jono

Yeah, and around my way it's safe as houses (no kids or crims knocking about as a rule).

Egging is a fairly common trick - bad news if it happens though... apart from the dent an egg will make and the scratches as it breaks... the egg-white does nasty things to your paint and is difficult to restore afterward.

Dazz - so sorry mate, that's worst nightmare stuff. You could consider a custom colour? But there again, you probably like pearl white, else you'd have bought something in a different colour :rolleyes:

Good luck with sorting it out. If you want a top job done, QVR in Daventry are very reputable.

Reaction score
yea, i have heard of QVR..... may give them a bell, see what they reckon....

it's heart wrenching to see it... although, i know... it could be alot worse... the roof is the worst straight line... the sides are only the laqure...

but, the bonnet is something that couldn't be left, even if i wanted too...

Reaction score
Jono said:
Egging is a fairly common trick - bad news if it happens though... apart from the dent an egg will make and the scratches as it breaks... the egg-white does nasty things to your paint and is difficult to restore afterward.
yeah, I think guys were chucking them off the top of a building. It hit my bonnet just beside the window squirter and shattered all over my windscreen :mad: I went straight to the gas station to clean it off and then home for a proper clean. No dent, but the clear coat where it hit is damaged - hard to see on white so not too bad :cool: .

I've heard stories of guys having full cups of Coke thrown through open windows etc :eek: windows up at intersections eh :D

Reaction score
I'm really sorry to hear about the damage to your car :( If like me you take pride in the appearance of your car there's nothing worse than seeing it vandalised.

I have recently purchased an S15 in Lightning Yellow and even though I like the colour it does worry me that it attracts the wrong kind of attention and parked outside my house someday may get damaged. I can't wait to get a new house next year and get one with a driveway or garage big enough.

I can't understand the minds behind these people either Nicely. Recently my S14a had the tyre valve covers nicked on a regular basis. I then bought pack of 100 so the little blighters could help themselves. However, CCTV is appealing in those circumstances especially if you could get done from within the car.

Never let them get you down! ;)

Reaction score
the main reason i didn't get a yellow one was purely for the reason of attracting more attension than it already does!

i frequently get asked by randoms "don't you own the S15?" or words to that effect.

it's becomin' more "pieced" of whom may have done it.... but.... with out definate proof, that'll never be obtained ..... what can one do? :(

i'll get it sorted, and just pray it doesn't happen again.... for this exact reason, is why i keep myself out of any trouble....GRRR LOL like said, don't wanna let it get me down, or have to sell....cause they'd then be winning, but, how frequently can one keep spending ?1300 to sort it out???