What's new

FS: White Mkiv 1996 Toyota Supra SZR, 3.0 litre NA, 5 speed manual, 191380km's, T&T

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
White 1996 Toyota Supra SZR, 3.0 litre non turbo, 5 speed manual, 191380km's

For sale is my girlfriends 1996 (pre facelift) Toyota supra, She's owned it for 2 years previous to her I owned it for 3 years, after buying it when it was new into the country at 107000km's (66,000miles) it is now on 191,380 Km's which equates to 119,000 miles.

Being a SZR it's the lightweight and sporty NA supra, with torsen LSD, yellow bilstein suspension, folding mirrors, ABS and black carpet and headliner as standard.

The car has HKS lowering springs which were fitted in Japan, along with 17" Work equip 3 piece alloys (they are purple centres and white lips but have been kerbed on some and one centre cap is missing), veilside side skirts (damaged on both front lower and RH upper) and rear spats, plus a front lip spoiler. It has grooved and drilled brake discs all round, with ferrodo pads, fitted 20,000km ago.

It has facelift seats fitted, the drivers side is manual adjusting which is very rare and cost a lot (the old electric drivers seat motor died hence why the replacement)

The car does have some cosmetic damage, the skirts are cracked on the front bottoms and there are a few stone chip on the front bumper and bonnet which 2 have started to bubble a little. No more than a 20p's size worth! There is also a little 20p bubble on the rear tailgate, right in the middle at the bottom but that was there when my bf bought it and has not got worse after 5 years.
The worst damage is to the RHR quarter panel where my gf scraped it on the corner of a wall and took the paint off and dented it about 2cm inwards and 9/10 inches long (see pic). It was wax oil protected and a sticker has been put over it, it was about 3 months ago.

It is a 16 year old car and is not perfect paint wise but being white is looks amazing once clean. And has always been clear wax oiled underneath and there is no rust.

Mechanically it's very good, the dual mass flywheel is abit worn and can judder when cold, but the clutch is strong and we replaced the clutch slave cylinder for a brand new Toyota one last year. One of the rear tyres will need replacing asap as its low on tread, and the power steering pump can be abit noisy when cold. Some idiot kicked the LH mirror off and the RH motor failed so the mirrors don't fold anymore. Lastly this month the exhaust has started to blow on the down pipe to manifold area and I've diagnosed it as a small crack on the flange. (It was one of the jobs that was on the list to do along with the tyre, my recommendation is to buy a front decat pipe as the NA sounds amazing and would fix the crack)

It's been serviced roughly every 6 months by myself (TVR mechanic) with a full service inc spark plugs (NGK platinum's), castrol rear diff, gearbox oil and fusch 5w40 fully synthetic engine oil last done in November 2012. There is no official service history as it never came with a book but I've kept a record of what was done and when. The cambelt was replaced at 110000km's (march 2008) along with the water pump.
The front crankshaft pulley was also replaced with a brand new one in November 2012 as the old one had broken up.

The car has tax until the 31st May, and MOT until December 2013.

I'll be so sad to see her go as she's been a loyal every day car for myself and then my gf and we want her to go to a good home. She has recently bought a 2006 Suzuki so the supra is no longer needed, and I drive a nissan silvia.

With everything taken into consideration I will be asking £2300ono

07825683955 Sam

Reaction score
Country
oh i can see some of Sams car :smitten:, love the supra there such animals to drive good luck with the sale mate ;)

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
It's an awesome car that I really don't want to see go. Was my first RWD car and my pride and joy! Really attached to it.

Reaction score
Country
i can see why its a really nice looking supra and there power deliverance is sooo addictive, love the body kit and wheels the suit it so well