What's new

Power Fc

D

Derek

Hello boys and girls

I have a Power fc looking at me for few weeks now and its itching me to put it in. Can i just plug it in? I'll be getting her mapped in December when i have money saved.. Any info?

K

kieran

hi derek i have the sme thoughts, i take it you bought the d jetro?

in theory yes you can use the base map just take it easy, essentially the map should be rich so nothing engine theatening, but youd also need to fitt the map sensor and if you opted for it the air temp sensor :thumbs:

D

Derek

Alright Kieran, I went for the Normal Power fc the one with that keeps the air flow meter. I have a Z32 afm waiting to go in but i would do that till the day of remap.

Reaction score
if your car is standard, the standard map may be ok for now. If your car is modified, the standard map will detonate to hell and back - be careful. Keep an eye on the knock level and make sure you enable the warning light on the dash to signal when detonation occurs.

Reaction score
Country
i plugged mine in and ran it for a couple of day when i just got it detonated like hell.. had to take it out and leave it with tuner.

i did have a couple of main mods one been running at .9 bar :eek:

you'll be well please.. specially with all the mods you have right now.
im due a map too... just waiting for a couple of bit and bobs then map it for1.2bar :thumbs:

Reaction score
if the knock is bad you can retard the timing via the power commander. nothing too it. I wouldnt exceed 4000rpm in any gear until its mapped. The base map is for a standard car on 100ron fuel. Its is slightly richer as said above but the petrol we get in Ireland is suspect ron wise.

D

Derek

Righty i think i'll leave it off and let Martin Tracey work his magic. Cheers for reply lads.