What's new

FS: 2002 Spec R

Reaction score
Country
Just testing the water with this atm, don't really want it to go but if I get an offer then it may well be for the best.

For sale is my 2002 Nissan Silvia Spec R.

I bought this car in September 2010 from Torque GT and it has been a pleasure to own for the past 2 years with no faults or repairs and it hasn't let me down once.

I had lots of plans for this car and there is still so much I haven't got to do, but unfortunately with regret I have to put the car up for sale in order for me to pursue buying my first home.

I have done a few modifications to the car in the time I have owned it, the main one was a complete underside refurb. I completely stripped the underside, removed subframe, petrol tank, fuel and brake lines etc until it was just a bare shell. I then removed every single piece of surface rust and treated the area with high quality products from Bilt Hamber. I also got all the subframe and arms powder coated, heat shields and all nuts and bolts zinc plated, fitted new brake lines, fitted new subframe, diff and control arm polly bushes from Energy Suspension in the US.

It is a great car to drive, it gets a lot of attention on the road and will be a great car for someone who is willing to look after it.

The car has always been serviced by myself with Fuchs Titan Pro S engine oil with oem Nissan filter, and I have also changed the gearbox oil about 3000 miles ago to Redline MT90 GL4 which is perfect for the SR gearboxes.

Bad points -

I am trying to be completely honest so will list everything I can think of.

. Coilovers are quite old and the ride inst that great, they are set quite hard so can be quite bumpy at times.

. Polly bushes give off a lot more NVH than standard so you can hear a lot more mechanical noises from the drive train while driving.

. It has a small dent in the front passenger side wing

. It has a paint chip on the rear bumper

. It has a scuff on the front bumper.

. It has a small 5p size rip in one of the door cards (this was like this when I first got the car)

I have recently spent over £600 on new brakes for the car, it has got Evo 8 brembo calipers on the front with 345mm grooved brembo discs and EBC redstuff pads. These brakes are fantastic and are absolutely huge and look good under the 17" AVS Model 5's.

The car has just had 12 months MOT and 6 months tax.

I am open to sensible offers but I believe the price reflects the hard work I have put into refurbing the car and the modifications I have done, I paid a lot more than this for the car 2 years ago.
I know there are other S15's available with a mich higher spec for not much more but like I say I am in no rush to sell the car.

I will not deal with time wasters or tyre kickers. There will be no test drives unless you are fully insured and I trust you.

Please get in contact with any queries.

Spec -

2002 Spec R
60somethingk (will have to check)
12 months mot
6 months tax

Kei Office coilovers
Energy Suspension polly bushes all round
JASMA cert'd 3" de-cat system (cat included) (think its a old HKS system)
Evo 8 brembos up front with 345mm discs and redstuff pads
New oem discs and pads at the back
HKS Mushroom induction kit
Advan AVS Model 5's 17x9 rear 17x8.5 front[/SIZE]

(also just to add the underside does not look like that atm as that was a year ago so is rather dirty now, still 100% healthy though! and I do clean it underneath when I give it a wash)

Price is £9,500

pm on here or email alienworkshop03@hotmail.com

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Country
Lol its a really clean this can't believe its not sold would love mine imaculate underneath like that a hell of alot of time must have gone in to it.

CMR

Reaction score
Country
No idea why this hasn't sold dude, don't drop it anymore it's already a steal. Is it just advertised on here?

Reaction score
Country
Yeh just here atm, don't really want to pay £40 for auto-trader!

Might stick it on pistonheads soon, I'm not really in a rush to sell.

If it doesn't sell soon then I might have to buy myself some HSD's and DW arms but then the price will go up to reflect this.

Reaction score
Country
Yeah i'd say thats a really good price Fruity, I wouldn't drop it any lower. Car looks really clean :thumbs:

GLWTS

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Put it on ebay mate, £17 for classified add. Should soon shift, my mate put his up for 9k and had interest in a few hours. Keep it at 9k or maybe put it on ebay at 9.5k, red is rare to find as well.

Reaction score
Country
i was looking for a red one before i got my white one. i would say that is worth way more than 9k looking at condition. ebay for 11k or near offer imo

Reaction score
Country
Nice car this..I remember seeing it when it was for sale at torque GT..I wanted to buy it as red is rare!!

lee

Reaction score
Website
www.jdm-shop.de
Country
Hey mate,
very interested in this car!
Are this the miles: "60somethingk (will have to check)"
Car specs sounds great!

MWTech

Trader
Reaction score
I cant believe this car is still for sale. All the work on the underside you have done is excellent and its exactly the kind of thing that would tick the bonus box to have me speeding down the road to buy at the asking price if i had a spare few thousand to throw around just now. red as well, dont think iv ever seen one on the road.

lovely car mate