What's new

Rim Recommendation from Vertex to suit Ridge (Widebody) kit

SR2O

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm looking at fitting 18" Work S1's to my S15 in the next few months. The S15 will be fitted with a Vertex Ridge (Widebody - adds 40mm Front and Rear) kit. Now my supplier has contacted Vertex Japan and they recommended the following sizes and offsets to suit the Ridge kit:

18 x 9.0, -15 offset (Front)
18 x 10.0, -5 offset (Rear)

The closest Work Japan can come to this recommendation is the following:

18x9, -7 offset
18x10, -3 offset

What are peoples oppinions on the 18x9 and 18x10 is my handling going to be shocking going this large? Originally I was thinking about fitting 18x8.5 (Front) and 18x9.5 (rear) with appropriate offsets to suit the kit, would this be better?

I posted a similar topic a while back (http://forum.s15oc.com/viewtopic.php?t=964) but now I have some an actual recommendation by Vertex. Thanks for your help guys.

Tomi

Reaction score
i think having negative offsets would cause a large amount of strain on the wheel bearings and what not... i guess its the price you pay for needing such large wheels to fill the guards. you could make the 8.5 and 9.5's fit the guards still, once again either by getting a custom negative offset or using spacers.... what are you building the car for though? track/show/street?

SR2O

Reaction score
A bit of everything really but mainly a street car. It needs to handle well though, as a I like driving and pushing the limits of the car.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I have no idea what it would take to fill the arches :no:

The vertex guys prob run alot of camber too, so if you get there recomendation and have about -1.5 camber they may hit the arch (guard).

I'd go with what you have suggested and if you need more you can always use spacers :nod:

Cant wait to see this once finished :thumbs:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Well using that link, i think you need to following -

Front - 9j ET3 (dont think you can get that)
Rear - 10j ET10 - Extends 80mm over stock (9j ET38 extends 40mm, plus 40mm bodywork = 80mm)

Thats if the stock wheels are 6.5J ET45.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Topper said:
Well using that link, i think you need to following -

Front - 9j ET3 (dont think you can get that)
Rear - 10j ET10 - Extends 80mm over stock (9j ET38 extends 40mm, plus 40mm bodywork = 80mm)

Thats if the stock wheels are 6.5J ET45.
I wouldn't use the stock wheels as reference.
From the pics I've seen they aren't especially flush with the guard so it wouldn't look very good.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I didnt :no: i used a 9j ET38 which is a good fit at the rear, and a 8j ET30 for the fronts :thumbs: