What's new

Hey, soon to be noob s15 owner:D

G

gazza_led

Hey guy just wanted to introduce myself, i just put down my deposit on an S15 spec R, and hopefully it will be arriving in 5-8 weeks!.

Its pretty standard at the moment, but that will change!

Its got a A/M sports exhaust, A/M racing suspension, HKS turbo timer, and an ugly rear wing that will be removed soon as possible. Joined this site so you guys could maybe help me out with some advice and also, help me plan what to do next.:)
Not sure where to start with the tuning, so any advice would be most appreciated, dont wana go crasy but would like to bump it up to about 280 brake. Also i wana keep the styling simple but its gota stand out, so anybody that can reccommend a few nice bodykits/Alloys please?:)
I exspect i will ask a few stupid questions over the next few months so please, ignore me and remember im still a n00b :p

Thanks guys

S

Speedy

Hello and welcome. :wave:

I too have just put down a deposit on a Spec R, also arriving in 5-8weeks :thumbs: Dont worry about asking silly questions everyone has been there :nod: Any pics of the car?

Reaction score
trust me....you won't stop at 280bhp! lol

i made 270 last week..... and want more! lol only had the car since july!

most of us are noobs to S15's here... so worry not! :D

good luck with it all! :D

G

gazza_led

Im not sure how too get pics on here quite yet sorry, but tomorrow il read the thread properly and try to get some sorted.
Lol think 280 will be plenty for me, but we'l see how i get on:)
Thanks for the welcome, and thanks to nicely for the info on the body kit too.

Speedy, hehe you might have got the first one i was after but some one beat me too it, im buying from autoadvan.com.

Wana get some alloys sorted for when it arrives, can anyone suggest a size and fitment please, has to be used every for work so nothind too over the top:p

Cheers,

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Hello and welcome :wave:

For wheels etc, you will should be looking for around an 8j ET35-30 for the front, and 9j ET 40 (or close as) for the rear, as for Dia, well thats up to you :thumbs: - Also see the Ultimate Wheels guide for sizes people are using :)

To reach 280bhp will be easy, get a FMIC, uprated Fuel pump and a 3"bore turbo back exhaust and you should be there :thumbs: Also, dont forget to get it mapped for UK fuel :)

Styling wise, you wont need to fit a kit for it to stand out :no:

G

gazza_led

hmmmmm...:(

Slight turn out for the books, recieved an e-mail this morning sayin the had been a bit premature confirming my order as they have now dicovered "my car" has already been SOLD!!:(

Needless to say i am just a little bit annoyed....

So now i gota search for another one asap, can anyone advise me on a site please?

Thanks for the advice Topper, hopefully il be able to put it to good use soon as, if i ever find a descent company to ship me a car that is!!

G

gazza_led

ok guys, im kinda at a loss at the mo,i need a new car in the next couple of months, which means i need to atleast get a deposit down on a silvia asap, and start gettin it shipped. But ive spent hours checking the net for one i can get, but no luck so far. Got a budget of about ?8.5k maybe more if needed but not too much. Can anyone please advise me on anymore sites i can check out? :(

Thanks

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
?8.5k landed in the UK?
You would struggle to get a good one even if you imported yourself.
Remember. You can only import the Spec-R manual in the UK unless shelling out on a new model-report.

If you're looking to spend ?8.5 in Japan you will get a very nice pretty low milage example.
i paid about ?9000 for my S15 in Japan. Then you'll have to add shipping, VAT, ESVA and so on.

G

gazza_led

Yes landed, But i dont think its should be so hard to find a descent one, found a couple of nice auction websites, that are selling S15's for 6-8k tops and the are low mileage all with inspection reports.

AutoAdvan have given me a username and password to acces these sites to choose one that they can import for me, not sure if im allowed to give that out but, seem to be some really nice bargains.

No where near 10-11k, the only ones anywhere near that are the really modified ones.

We'l see how i get on looking to put a bid on one this weekend, so hopefully will have some good news by next week :)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
OK.

But a S15 which sells for ?6k at an auction would cost about ?10k + UK traders fee landed and registered in the UK.
Expect about ?11k or more at the end. :(

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I know you've given various breakdowns of cost before, Yako, but can you please list all the various costs involved from the auction price onwards? Maybe using your car as an example...

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nicely said:
I know you've given various breakdowns of cost before, Yako, but can you please list all the various costs involved from the auction price onwards? Maybe using your car as an example...
Sure.
I'll try to do a breakdown.

Lets say that a car costs ?9000 of the auction.

?9000 car
?450 japanese dealer fee (different depending on which dealer)
?450 shipping to the UK (With RORO freight. Container is more expensive)
?945 Duty (10% of car and freight price)
?1819.125 VAT (17.5% of car, freight and duty price)
?88 UK customs clearance
?1200 ESVA test and modelreport rent + fitting a cat1 immobilizer (not exact figure)
?25 MOT
?129 UK registration and road tax.

?14106.125 total price

This was over one year ago though. Prices may have changed since then. But not by much I reckon.

If buying from auction, there is no way around the japanese dealer fee.
Only authorized dealers can bid on the auctions.

The only variables changable in the above is
car price
japanese dealer fee
duty
VAT

You also have to consider the fee from the UK dealer.
Don't know how much they take. But I would think it's about ?1000
Some take more, some take less

Just wanted you to know that just seeing prices in Japan can be very misguiding.
There are hefty costs to pay after the car is bought and you should know about them.

But I hope you'll get a nice S15. :D
Just consider this as a heads up.