What's new

FS: 2001 Nissan S15 Spec R S15 FTW with GT2871R

Reaction score
Hi, this is my S15 Spec R. I've owned this car for two years now and have loved every minute of driving this car but I'm after a change, so I'm advertising this for sale.

The car itself is in very good condition with no rust on the bodywork or anything I've noticed underneath after the numerous times I've had the car on a ramp for upgrades or servicing The underside was completely undersealed by the previous owner to deter any rot issues. I hand dry and polish the car every time it's washed to try and keep the paint looking good. The wheels are also in very good condition, the fronts were bought brand new in December and fitted to the car February of this year.

Being a Spec R it has all the chassis bracing that the previous models or Spec S's didn't come with and it's more than noticeable in the cars handling. The mileage is currently on about 86'000 miles, the clocks were converted to miles at 99k km with all paperwork to prove, the clocks now read just over 124k. MOT is till April 2013 and tax till Jan 2013

The car has just received quite a bit of work carried out on it by myself, it's all been documented in my build thread in the members section with pictures to go with the write up. I've just changed the oil and filter, genuine Nissan item and used Titan Pro s oil, I've probably done 50 miles since this. The exhaust manifold had the cylinder head and turbo flanges proffesionally machined flat to prevent gasket blowing issues, a brand new cylinder head to manifold, manifold to turbo and turbo to elbow gaskets were also fitted and have done no more than the mileage stated above. All new hot side intercooler pipework fitted with brand new K&N airfilter with silicone joiners all being new too. It's also just had a 56 trim GT2871R fitted, with brand new braided lines from Driftworks, which will produce 450bhp with cams and increased boost. Engine coolant was also changed while this work was done .

The car is currently on Toyo R888's on the rear but are running low, however I have a pair of brand new Federal RSR semi slick tyres to be supplied with the car.

I spent the best part of a year looking for a genuine Aero kit for this car, these parts are extremely rare to find and not cheap, even second hand. I've fitted the factory Aero front bumper and side skirts, which I felt gave the car the look it needed.

I'll set two prices for the car, as for it's full potential on the new turbo it requires a remap. The map currently on the car was for a GT3071R I had fitted last year at 1.4 bar. The car is currently running at 1.1 bar safely with good afr's from my AEM afr gauge on the dash. Beleive me, the car does not hang around even at such a subtle boost level with this turbo, it'll still be producing over 300bhp quite easily at the moment. Just as a gauge on the cars abailties, it was running repeated 12.9 second 1/4 mile times at Santa Pod at 114mph.

I'm not currently looking for offers as I feel the car is worth what I'm asking, nor am I interested in part exchanges, so please don't ask. I am also providing the S15 FTW plate with the car.

Engine:
Standard internals
56 Trim GT2871R with .86 exhaust housing
Driftworks braided turbo lines
custom 3'' intake pipe
K&N 3'' filter
Apexi Power FC D jetro
Japspeed turbo elbow
Driftworks super low downpipe
3'' decat pipe
HKS Super Silent cat back
Koyo N flow alloy rad
twin electric fans
GReddy catch tank
Nismo 740cc injectors
Apex tubular manifold
Silicone radiator hoses rad pipes
Apex front mount intercooler
Excedy Hyper single clutch kit
Walbro 255 fuel pump
NGK grade 8 plugs
GReddy rocker arm stoppers
Modified rocker cover, also painted wrinkle finish red
Titek carbon fibre plug cover
Carbon fibre cooling panel
Wheels/Tyres:
Enkei RPF1 18x9.5 rear with Toyo R888 265/35
18x9 front with Falcon 452 225/35
Chassis:
HSD coilovers
apex camber arms
front tension rods poly bushed
apex front strut brace
Front and rear Godspeed anti roll bars
k sport 8 pot front calipers and 356 mm discs
ds2500 front pads
braided front brake lines
grooved rear discs
ds2500 rear pads
braided rear lines

Interior:
sparco deep dish suede steering wheel
drift works boss
hks auto adjust turbo timer
defi turbo gauge
defi oil pressure gauge
defi oil temp gauge
defi link meter
Apexi black avcr
AEM air/fuel ratio gauge
Apexi hand controller
dvd/cd/mp3 head unit

£10,000 with the car remapped
£9,500 as it is
I will provide more pictures when the weather clears up.

Reaction score
Just took a few more pictures, however the car is filthy due to the poor weather.

Reaction score
I'm keeping the apexi avcr and aem afr gauge for a future project.

So price reduction to £9000

Reaction score
Country
Lovely car mate, all the big names seem to be selling! What you planning on getting next? You'll have to tell me if you decide to break this down, so many quality parts.

Reaction score
Country
ive got a great idea, swap out them K-Sport lugs of stopping power since your selling it, sell them to me for a great price and ill give you the R34 front set up of mine...

Reaction score
Lovely car mate, all the big names seem to be selling! What you planning on getting next? You'll have to tell me if you decide to break this down, so many quality parts.
I won't be breaking the car, Ollie, I haven't got to time or space, plus the car is far too good to sell off in bits. I'm supposed to be picking up another car in the next few days but haven't heard back from the owner yet...

Spoonman, the brakes are staying on the car I'm afraid, mate :D. Amazing stoppers though, highly recommended setup.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Good luck with the sell pal, I am sure it will go soon as its a top spec'd S15.

What you getting next?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
How did I guess it would be an evo!!!!
shame to see you go mate but they are awesome cars I totally understand my Mate has an fq340 and standard she runs 358 bhp loads of potential but even that was stupid quick! You will love even second of it mate!!
post some pics up when u get one please =D
and glwts lovely car

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Evo nice I've always fancied one, I will have to own one at some point I think.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Such a nice car Adam, good luck mate. Gotta say can't see a 400hp 4wd evo being as much fun as a 330hp Rwd S15. But is abit more sensible!

Reaction score
The car was making 330bhp at 1 bar, Sam. It makes a lot more when the boost is turned up....

Thankyou for all the nice comments.

Reaction score
I can take offers, within reason. I've missed the car I was meant to be picking up and have my eye on a couple of others.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This car is now getting mapped on Saturday morning, so I'll be looking for offers around £10k.

Reaction score
Just fitted these new parts ready for mapping tomorrow, and gapped the plugs as Gary at APT requested.

Reaction score
All mapped now. The car made 355bhp at 1.5 bar with an ambient temperature of 34 degrees :wack:. I do t have a printout of that run, as Gary tried his best to get the most out of the motor but the heat was really making it difficult. I have a printout that shows it making 348bhp.

Reaction score
Country
All mapped now. The car made 355bhp at 1.5 bar with an ambient temperature of 34 degrees :wack:. I do t have a printout of that run, as Gary tried his best to get the most out of the motor but the heat was really making it difficult. I have a printout that shows it making 348bhp.
I bet its RAPID mate. Good luck with the sale! :)

Reaction score
Yeah, it's pretty quick still, but I turned the boost down and just pootled it home as the heat was something else earlier. Did 300 miles plus two hours on the dyno with no issues too.