What's new

FS: 2000 S15 spec R - Pristine, full vertex kit, 357bhp, 345ib/ft. £11.5k.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
After careful consideration, and four years of devoted ownership, sadly it's time to part ways with my car.
I know of a few loved S15'S, but i doubt very much whether there is an s15 that has been more loved and pampered than this one (but then of course that's biased :)).

I bought the car as a fresh import in 2008, with 57000km on the clock, the clock was converted to miles but not corrected, since then i have covered only 10000 additional miles. this car was very clean on import, but after a while i got carried away with it, and as such, there isnt a nut or bolt on the car that hasn't been fettled in one way or another. Everything from the engine, through to the suspension, wheels and tyres has been upgraded at a cost of many thousands.
It's very hard for me to let this car go after all the effort, time and money i have put into it - but needs must - with our new baby and the job that i do, i'm finding it very hard to find the time any more, therefore the sale is reluctant, but not forced in any way so i will not be taking silly offers.

I am going to stick to the facts otherwise the advert will go on forever and a day (as if it doesn't already)... I have listed categories with the relevant information about each aspect of the car :)

Spec:

Body and Exterior:

- 2000 Nissan Silvia Spec R
- All spec r chassis bracing
- Completely rust free, better than when it left nissan's factory. Seam sealed and undersealed in 2010, never driven in the wet,
all components attached to the underside from the braces to the rear subframe have been stripped, zinc primed and powder coated
- Vertex Lang Bodykit (expertly fitted, well made grp kit, mounting points all reinforced with carbon fibre,
all stainless panel bolts and fittings), full arch liners still in use as well as the undertray
- Full respray carried out in 2011, not to correct damage of any kind, but to ensure the car would be 100% pristine after the
kit was fitted
- Clear indicators
- Sonar smoked rear led lights
- De-spoilered and de-locked boot
- De-badged all over
- S15 CYA private number plate
- Rear wiper removed

Interior:

- Cobra Daytona reclining front seats on cobra frames, the seats were modified to sit as low as possible and are fitted with pump up
lumbar supports for the lower back. very comfortable and supportive
- Carbon fibre centre console
- Tailored luxury mats with no wear
- Sparco aluminium pedal set
- Motor Meter 60mm stepper motor full sweep gauges (BOOST, WATER TEMP, OIL TEMP, OIL PRESS) mounted into centre vents and pillar pod
with adjustable warnings and alerts
- AEM uego wideband lambda gauge fitted to instrument panel
- Tein EDFC electronic adjustable damping controller
- Greddy profec B 2 electronic boost controller mounted to steering column
- HKS type 0 turbo timer with battery voltage display
- Usual spec r trims (gearknob, steering wheel, kick plates etc.)

Stereo and security:
- Pioneer face off cd player, remote usb port in middle console
- Alpine door and parcel shelf speakers
- Sony door mounted tweeters and headlining directional tweeters
- JL audio free air subwoofer mounted behind rear seat
- Vibe amplifier with remote bass controller up front
- TOAD cat1 Ai606 alarma and immobiliser

Engine:

- Nissan SR20DET
- No VVT rattle or noises, no smoke, very smooth engine
- Garrett 2871r 0.64 52 trim turbo
- Nismo 740cc injectors
- Tomei Poncams
- Tomei type a valve springs
- Tomei super grommet head gasket kit
- ARP head stud and nut kit
- Z32 air flow meter
- Apex street engine mounts
- Apexi power intake kit
- Apex stainless intake pipe
- Driftworks rocker arm stoppers
- Apex type 1 front mounted intercooler
- Horsham Developments exhaust manifold with custom stainless bonnet heat deflector
- THS performance turbo elbow
- Custom stainless steel downpipe
- Custom decat silencer (original cat included in sale)
- Hks silent hi-power exhaust system (centre silencer removed for ground clearance, mirror polished)
- Apex 52mm alloy radiator
- Collins performance bov
- NGK BKR8EIX iridium spark plugs
- Mirror polished intake manifold
- HEL performance stainless braided turbo oil and water lines
- Samco hoses throughout
- 255l/hr fuel pump (relay and switch hardwired)
- Rocker cover painted samco blue
- Garage defend style carbon fibre full cooling panel
- EFL stainless covers for: brake reservoir, pas tank, fuse box, radiator brackets, rocker coil cover
- D1 spec 1.3bar radiator cap
- Nismo branded aluminium oil cap
- Always lubricated with the highest quality 5w40 fully synthetic oil, changed more regularly than it is sane to do so
- Air con system removed in full working order, supplied with the car. refitting is fairly easy and would only need
gassing up

Drivetrain:

At 350bhp/350ib/ft, it is well known that an s-body gearbox doesn't last forever, and an s15 gearbox can be expensive to replace and very hard to source. In early 2012, i fitted a brand new ACT streelite s14 flywheel and a brand new ACT heavy duty organic clutch (along with new release bearing, spigot bush and flywheel bolts) with a view to upgrading the transmission to Z32 or RB25 in time (these conversions require an s14 flywheel/clutch setup). In the meantime the gearbox
fitted to the car is a rebuilt 5spd from an s14a 200sx. 5th gear is just as long as 6th on an s15 box so top end speed is not affected, only real difference is the s14a gearbox runs about 200rpm higher at any given speed and the gears aren't as close together. The upside to having this gearbox is it is readily and plentifully available quite cheaply, and all the supporting parts are in place for a gearbox upgrade.

- Rebuilt (by Atom Transmissions) 200SX 5spd gearbox filled with fuchs/silkolene 75w90 gear oil
- 200sx propshaft
- ACT streetlite flywheel
- ACT heavy duty organic clutch (not heavy and easy to use)
- New release bearing, spigot bush and flywheel bolts
- Apex short shifter
- S15 spec r helical differential filled with fuchs/silkolene BOA 90ls oil
- Apex street gearbox mount
- Energy polyeurethane differential mounts
- Mirror polished differential backplate
- Diff casing, propshaft, gearbox casing all painted silver

Brakes:

front-
- 330mm k-sport 2 piece ventilated grooved discs
- New compound k-sport/EBC pads
- K-sport alloy calipers proffessionally painted in bayside blue mettalic
- HEL performance braided brake lines
- DB power brake master cylinder stopper

rear:
- Skyline rear brake conversion (internal drum setup, backplates, shoes) completely refurbished
- New skyline handbrake cables
- Grooved discs
- EBC brake pads
- Skyline alloy calipers proffesionally painted in bayside blue mettalic
- HEL performance braided brake lines throughout

Suspension, chassis bracing and steering:

- TEIN flex coilovers all round (superb condition with no leaks, springs were re-coated and front
lower brackets also due to paint having flaked off)
- TEIN pillowball topmounts all round fitted with EDFC motors for in-car damper adjustment, fronts are camber
adjustable
- Hardrace bushed adjustable front tension rods (powder coated blue with adjuster nuts zinc plated)
- Hardrace bushed adjustable rear toe, camber and traction arms (powder coated blue with adjuster nuts zinc plated)
- Godspeed front and rear uprated chromoly steel anti roll bars (powder coated blue) with uprated droplinks all round
- Driftworks rear subframe polybush mounts
- Driftworks/Energy polyeurethane suspension bushes throughout
- Powder coated (silver) lower suspension arms front and rear, fitted with new MOOG balljoints
- Powder coated rear subframe (gloss black), powder coated engine subframe (gloss black), powder coated
hub carriers (gloss black), powder coated steering rack mounts (gloss black)
- New track rod ends
- Hardrace steering rack mounts
- Apex front lower brace
- Stock lower s15 bracing front and rear with tunnel brace and inner boot brace
- Japspeed tower rear strut brace polished alloy
- Very rare HKS kansai service front strut brace in polished alloy

All suspension bolts have been removed and professionally dipped and stripped, then zinc plated. Any rounded or damaged bolts were replaced for new bolts which exceeded the strength of the originals and use all metal locking nuts. The suspension was set up at sumo power using the hawkeye system and the grip and road holding is superb, it is actually quite hard to upset the rear of the car now.

Wheels and tyres:

- Front 18x8.5 rota grid drift wheels fitted (et35, 6mm spacer) with 225/40/18 Falken fk452 tyres. wheels are unmarked and in mint new condition, tyres have very little wear. Black internal drive wheel nuts.
- Rear 18x9.5 rota grid drift wheels fitted (et30) with 255/35/18 Falken fk452 tyres. wheels are also unmarked and in mint new condition, tyres have very little wear. Black internal drive wheel nuts.

Last edited:

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
Bad points:

Inevitably there will be bad points no matter how neat a car is. Mine is no exception, but bear in mind that i am extremely picky and to most people some of this wont matter...

- Ride is very firm, if you live in an area with really bad roads, you'd probably want to go for a softer setup (this isn't so much a bad point, more an advisory)
- Brake pads squeal sometimes when coming to a slow stop, i believe its pad compound having checked everything but didnt find it an issue
- The rear bumper has a small hairline in the laquer, again hard to spot, and a small bubble in the paint below the number plate, neither hardly notice
- There are the usual few scuffs on the grey plastic around the cup holders, nothing too bad
- One small (less than 5p) rust bubble in the engine compartment, the only rust on the whole car and has been treated underneath
and
- Because every bush, mount etc has been fitted with polyeurethane or hardened rubber there is extra noise and vibration througout the car. This is to be expected, you can hear clunks and vibration from the diff because of the uprated mountings bolting straight to the floor of the car. The exhaust also can resonate at certain speeds, i was going to fit a flexi section to reduce this but again, its whether it bothers you or not.....

Believe me when i say it, this is an honest overview of the bad points, i challenge anyone to come and view the car and find or notice anything i havent mentioned... i am not out to hide anything, whoever buys this car is getting such a bargain and completely modified car for the money - i could probably break the car up for more but i wouldnt have the heart having built it up to what it is.

All in all, the sum of the parts fitted to this car exceed many thousands of pounds. Cosmetically it's like a brand new car. All the mechanical wear and tear items have been replaced in the last 10000 miles whether they needed it or not. Bringing the car to this stage was a real labour of love and i thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish, I never knew starting out that i was going to have a son a couple of years later, but now he's here i have more important things to think about hence no longer having the time i would like. This is an awesome example, one of the nicest, fitted with all the parts everyone sets out to fit - it's never driven in the rain, always garaged and covered and regularly cleaned and polished with quality products.

I ask anyone thats interested to bear in mind that a nice, clean, standard s15 fetches in the region of 10k and has done for some years, they hold their money very well. I am asking £11.5k for everything including the private plate - which is more than realistic. I can negotiate a price without the plate if required. Also, i am looking to sell to an enthusiast, i dont really want to see the car on the forum being held together by zip ties if it can be helped, there are plenty of cars for sale that are well suited to that sort of thing :). i am also open to the removal of certain things in order to
lower the price (a little) as i can recover the cost of these by re-selling the parts, but i will not compromise the car overall to do that and am pretty confident that whoever views the car will want to take it as it sits.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, please pm me with any queries, i will answer all honestly :)

Dean.

Reaction score
Country
Wow, that is absolutely flawless, nice spec too stunning.
good luck with the sale.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I wish I had money to buy his as my 2nd car ! This is mint as they come . Sorry to see you sell mate after all the hard graft someone will be getting a very very nice car!
If someone wants it without the plate I will take the plate 100%
good luck with the sale mate and if I win the lottery in the meantime I will be in touch lol

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
i appreciate the nice comments, cheers. chris, i could always work out a very reasonable price for you without the engine/box/turbo etc, i'd love to see someone like you put a v8 into this, i always wanted to lol.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Tbh I would prefer to transplant the engine from this into mine :wack:

Pm me a price mate I may seriously be tempted into it.you know I would take care of it for you ;) I think something different though rb30 with itb's lol imagine he noise!!!!!

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
Thanks Sam, I'm a modest bloke but this car really does have to be seen to be believed. Craig, chris, James and loads of other people have had thier head under it and cast thier eye over it and had nothing but nice things to say and I really appreciate that from people as madly particular and fussy as I am lol.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
is it that time again Dean? :( cracking car and I can't see it being for sale long...

Its a near perfect example and you do have a case of OCD with this car :) (in a good way)

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
Thanks mate, i guess :). I'm afraid it is time again lol, this time it has to go... I've already sold my type r and missus is already making plans what we can do with the garage. It's a hard choice but ultimately much easier now I'm so preoccupied with my son. I haven't really used it since japfest, that was the last good run I took it on and since then the weather has been too poor to even consider it, seeing as it's getting used so little, it makes perfect sense.

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Absolutely stunning Dean, I thought mine was clean, but this is just another level of detail... Good luck with the sale...

You must have really hated all the dust at Japfest!

Reaction score
Country
Would also take the plate off you if Chris doesn't! Peice of art pal! Hope it sells to the right person!

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
Thanks people :) appreciate it. I took it out for a spin today in the lovely weather. Put a new set of iridium plugs in and found the boost leak I wanted to get sorted before it sells, turns out the re-circ valve isn't operating properly so it's currently running the pidgeon mod. I'm not keen on it but it now makes the boost and runs nicely. I'm not going to replace the valve, It'll be up to the buyer to fit what they want to it (ssqv etc). Also need to tip some fresh v-power in, got a bit carried away with my trip down the road and she's down to fumes lol.

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Created a masterpiece Dean, hardest thing you'll ever have to do watch her drive off into the sunset! Glad I had the chance to see it in the flesh it is a sight to behold.

Good luck mate :)

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
Thanks for the nice comments, really much appreciated :)